REDCap Scheduled Downtime
REDCap (https://redcap.partners.org/redcap) upgrades to v7.4.11 scheduled for Thursday October 5th at 6:30AM EST are complete. REDCap was offline from 6:30AM-7:25 EST.
This upgrade will include a number of new features and bug fixes. These include:
- New feature: Custom Record Status Dashboards - Users can build and save custom versions of the Record Status Dashboard to customize the dashboard to their liking.
- New feature: Better device management for the REDCap Mobile App – The Mobile App page in a project now contains better methods for keeping track of the activity of the mobile app used on many devices at a time for a single project.
- New feature: Response Limit for surveys - Users may set a response limit for any given survey to prevent respondents from starting the survey once a set number of responses have been collected. Note: It can be set so that the response count included either completed responses only or both partial and completed responses. Users may also set custom text to be displayed to respondents on the survey page when the response limit has been reached.
- New feature: Time Limit for Survey Completion – Users may set the amount of time (in days, hours, and/or minutes) that each respondent has to complete a given survey based on when they were initially sent the survey invitation. Note: This feature excludes public survey links. When enabled, a new column is displayed on the Participant List where it denotes if a participant’s survey link has expired and also displays the expiration time if you hover over the icon. If the icon is clicked, the user can permanently override the link expiration time by setting it further in the future (to give the respondent more time), or else to expire the link sooner (or even immediately).
- Improvement - If a record has any survey invitations that are scheduled to be sent in the next 7 days, it will display a button above the table on the Record Home Page. The button will note how many upcoming invites are scheduled for the current record in the 7 days, and when clicked, it will display a table of the send time and survey title for the next 7 days worth of scheduled invites.
Full release notes available here.
If you have any concerns about REDCap being offline at this time or any questions about these new features, please email firstname.lastname@example.org