Per policy, Partners HealthCare mandates encryption to help secure confidential data including protected health information (PHI), personally identifiable information (PII), and any other non-public information that would subject Partners, the data owner, or the data subjects, to harm if accessed by unauthorized individuals. Partners HealthCare policy requires you to encrypt all laptops, smart phones, and mobile devices if used to access Partners HealthCare systems or data, including email.
- Please contact the IS Service Desk for assistance with encrypting your device.
- Please contact your Information Security Officer with any questions or concerns regarding the above.
Visit the Information Security section for additional encryption information.
- VPN (Virtual Private Network)
- With VPN you can access email, Partners intranet sites, many Partners clinical applications and data you have stored on the Partners Network.
- SSH (Secure Shell)
- With SSH you can access our High Performance Computing resources as well additional servers and resources hosted by ERIS
- With GoToMyPC you can access your desktop computer at work from any web browser in real time without VPN.
- Additional information can be found in the Remote Access section of the website.
PHS Standard Workstations
- Office 2016 Pro Plus can be obtained by contacting the IS Service Desk.
Non-Standard Windows Devices
- Office 2016 can be obtained by contacting the IS Service Desk.
- To learn more about what is considered a "standard vs. "non-standard" computer at Partners, please read this KnowledgeBase article.
- Office 2011 for Mac OS X can be obtained through PEAS. This requires an Intel processor and Mac OS X 10.5.8 and up. Enroll in PEAS, launch the Self Service application and install.
- Office 2016 for Mac OS X can be obtained through PEAS. This requires Mac OS X 10.10 and up. Enroll in PEAS, launch the Self Service application and install.
- Additional information can be found in the KnowledgeBase.
Enterprise Vault is a system that helps you manage your mailbox size so you no longer have to worry about reaching your mailbox size limit