Access to Partners resources from home or while traveling using the solutions below:
There is access to the Partners Network via VPN available for the Mac, Windows and Linux operating systems for Partners and affiliate employees.
To request access follow the steps below:
- Visit the Partners Service Desk website to request access
- Login with your Partners username and password
- Next click "Make a Request" button located on the right side of the screen
- On the next screen click "VPN Request" and complete the request form
VPN Client Access Website: https://www.partners.org/vpn
For advanced users and those unable to use the VPN software you may request remote SSH access to the clusters or Linux servers.
ERIS maintains a group of OpenSSH servers intended to provide researchers and other interested parties with Secure Shell access to hosts within the Partners network. Users are expected to authenticate to the SSH servers only as an intermediate step in connecting to another host on the Partners network, no data can be stored on the SSH Servers.
SSH Connection Requirements:
- You must have a Partners username
- SSH client software (such as Putty or the built in SSH in Mac or Linux)
- Knowledge of SSH (we cannot instruct you on how to use SSH, the assumption is you already know if you are requesting this access)
- List of server hostnames with port numbers you are looking to access
GoToMyPC allows you to access your desktop computer (Mac or PC) from any Web browser in real time:
- The software is licensed per machine/per year at $84, not per user.
- Please purchase a license for every machine that you will be connecting to.
- This is a yearly license and must be renewed every year. You will receive notification prior to the expiration date.
- For more information please go to the Partners IS Service Desk Knowledge Base.
To order a license:
- You must have an account to purchase online from the PHS-EGI (Ergonomic Group) web site; visit the KnowledgeBase article, How to place an order with PHS Ergonomics (EGI).
- If you have an account, login and under the Online Catalog tab you will see a Go To My PC” link which will step you through the ordering process.
- If you have issues with setting-up GoToMyPC, please contact the Partners IS Service Desk.
All Partners and non-Partners laptop computers connecting to the Partners network through OWA, VPN, GoToMyPC, or by other channels must be encrypted. Instructions can be found at: https://rc.partners.org/kb/information-security/encryption
Partners Applications are available to users via Mac, Windows or Mobile device via the Partners Workspace available at https://workspace.partners.org from either in-hospital, or remotely (Partners Username and Password required).
Citrix Receiver software must be installed on your computer or mobile device, the software available at: http://receiver.citrix.com
You must have permissons to access applications on the Citrix platform. Please contact your local Keygiver to assign access.
Remote Access for Non-Partners Research Collaborators and Vendors:
If you are a researcher who is collaborating with a user(s) outside the Partners Network, or working with a vendor and they need access to internal Partners system, they will need to use the new Enterprise-wide remote access solution called SecureLink . Read about SecureLink. Request an access via SecureLink.