The EDC Support service helps coordinate, lead and support faculty and research study staff in their electronic data capture (EDC), web-based survey and application needs for research studies. EDC Support will help identify the optimal study tool given the investigator’s requirements and facilitate the training of personnel in its uses and functions.
In collaboration with the Harvard Catalyst | The Harvard Clinical and Translational Science Center, REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) is a free, secure, HIPAA compliant web-based application hosted by Partners HealthCare Research Computing, Enterprise Research Infrastructure & Services (ERIS). Vanderbilt University, with collaboration from a consortium of academic and non-profit institutional partners, develops this software application for electronic collection and management of research and clinical study data. Data collection is customized for each study or clinical trial by the research team with guidance from ERIS REDCap administrators.
- Data Management - REDCap's stream-lined process for rapidly developing databases, requires little database design experience. REDCap provides a user-friendly interface to program web-based case report forms with real-time data entry validation (e.g. for data types and range checks).
- Survey Feature - REDCap surveys provide a powerful tool for collecting responses from survey participants by 1) emailing or texting a link to your survey, 2) entering data direct on atablet/kiosk, and/or 3) posting a links on websites.
REDCap Getting Started knowledge base has video tutorials and guidelines on how to access REDCap, request, design and maintain your projects.
Additional Features and Projects:
- 21 CFR Part 11 Compliance
- REDCap eConsent
- Get Data: RPDR and Partners eCare
- REDCap Extensions
- Twilio: Survey Invitations via SMS Text
- Electronic Regulatory Binder
- New!Patient & Provider Study Participation
- New! Responsy - App for Participants
- New! Clinical Trials.Gov AE Reporting Module
- New! REDCap Clinical Data Pull (from Partners eCare) - GO LIVE Dec 17, 2019
REDCap Core Services
Need additional support?
ERIS Research Core offers supplemental services for REDCap:
- Review data collection forms to support efficient data entry
- Make recommendations on data modeling and data entry screens
- Program and test data entry screens to yield appropriate data sets for planned statistical analyses
- Plan patient tracking and scheduling systems
- Program feature extensions: plugins and hooks
Studytrax is an electronic data capture system designed to manage surveys, patient registries, clinical trials, and other research designs (learn more).
Investigators consistently choose Studytrax because of:
1) The Application
- What if it was simple to query, extract, visualize and analyze data, and publish the end-results?
- Studytrax sets the bar in investigator productivity by completely integrating the analytical / manuscript generation process.
- What if the workflow, tasks, data entry and management of multiple studies could be coordinated within a single, integrated environment?
- Studytrax combines ease of scalability with a powerful set up reporting features to make management of multiple studies simple.
- What if subjects were engaged and motivated to participate in studies?
- Studytrax dramatically reduces dropouts and missing data through a portal that supports data entry, plus delivers rich, personalized content and incentives!
2) The Support
Same Day Solutions
- The overwhelming majority of questions are solved the same day.
Up And Running
- Instant, cloud-based user access and easy setup process.
- Leverage a wealth of online resources or schedule 1-on-1 assistance.
3) The Relationship
- Accustom to the challenges of academic research, and adaptive to funding, requirements and timeline changes.
- Partnering with investigators to produce superior projects throughout their research career.
- Vetted by Partners' Research Information Science & Computing (RISC) for secure, compliant research use.
Learn more at Studytrax.com
The system combines the power and flexibility of a user-driven freezer management system with the solid foundation of a relational database. Researchers can subscribe to the service at a discounted rate through the Research Computing Core.
- Centrally hosted by Partners with daily backups
- Tracks what is being stored, moved, thawed and tested
- View sample inventory
- Provides batch data entry and update records
- Offers numerous options for viewing and exporting data
- Is able to print bar code labels and ship samples to outside organizations
- Controls access to data on an authorized user, per lab basis
- Provides a complete audit trail that complies with 21 CFR Part 11
More about Freezerworks: http://www.freezerworks.com/
- Annual subscription service fee
- Visit our Research Computing Core Fees page for pricing information (Login Required)
- Interested in using Freezerworks, please complete a brief online form
- After reviewing your request we will schedule a follow-up meeting.
- To access the software, your device must be connected to the Partners Network.
Since October 1, 2016: Enterprise Research Infrastructure & Services, ERIS, manages an enterprise license for LabArchives for all researchers to use at no cost. LabArchives is a web-based application designed for organizing, documenting, and sharing research data with teams, departments, and collaborators.
Partners Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) Policy
PIs must use LabArchives to document Research Data and other record keeping activities for active research projects as of their hospital’s ELN implementation date (Oct. 1, 2019 for BWH and MGH; Jan. 1, 2020 for MCL, MEE, SRH and IHP). For Additional Policy Information: Partners LabArchives FAQs
LabArchives is the ELN system Partners has established for researchers to meet these requirements. PIs are required to establish a LabArchives account in their name and create notebooks and designate notebook access for their research staff.
- LabArchives: Quick Start for PIs | PDF
- LabArchives Quick Guide: Storage | PDF
- LabArchives and Clinical Research | PDF
Support & Training:
- LabArchives Monthly On-Site Sessions at MCL, SRH, and MEE - Event Calendar
- Introduction to LabArchives: Every Thursday - REGISTER
- To schedule Lab / Department Training: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- To schedule Introduction to Widgets: contact email@example.com
- LabArchives Knowledgebase: Search general, getting started, and feature specific information.
Update a Free LabArchives Account to Use the Partners License
Do you see the Partners logo in the upper left when you log into LabArchives? If not, you have a free account, instead of the Partners licensed edition. To fix this:
- Click here for Partners single sign-on for LabArchives.
- Log in with your Partners ID, as usual
- On the page that appears choose "I have an existing LabArchives account already"
- Enter the email address and password that you previously used to Login to LabArchives Note: this MUST be the same email address
- Click "Link existing account"
- Click "Yes" when asked "Do you want to link this existing LabArchives account with your login credentials?"
This will convert your LabArchives account to the Partners license, and connect it to your single sign-on.
Important Service Notification:
Due to increased Partners HealthCare Information Security requirements and standards, ERIS decommissioned the service (internally hosted application) on Oct. 3 2018.
If you were a Partners LimeSurvey user and require access to your archived data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org We will be able to grant short term access (~6 hrs) for you to access and export data.
We sincerely thank all of our LimeSurvey users for their use and support of the system over the years.