The EDC Support service helps coordinate, lead and support faculty and research study staff in their electronic data capture (EDC), web-based survey and application needs for research studies. EDC Support will help identify the optimal study tool given the investigator’s requirements and facilitate the training of personnel in its uses and functions.
In collaboration with the Harvard Catalyst | The Harvard Clinical and Translational Science Center, REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) is a free, secure, HIPAA compliant web-based application hosted by Partners HealthCare Research Computing, Enterprise Research Infrastructure & Services (ERIS). Vanderbilt University, with collaboration from a consortium of academic and non-profit institutional partners, develops this software application for electronic collection and management of research and clinical study data. Data collection is customized for each study or clinical trial by the research team with guidance from ERIS REDCap administrators.
REDCap Getting Started knowledge base has video tutorials and guidelines on how to access REDCap, request, design and maintain your projects.
- 21 CFR Part 11 Compliance
- REDCap eConsent
- Get Data: RPDR and eCare
- REDCap Data Import (REDDI): Review the FAQ
- REDCap Extensions
REDCap's stream-lined process for rapidly developing databases, requires little database design experience. REDCap provides a user-friendly interface to program web-based case report forms with real-time data entry validation (e.g. for data types and range checks).
Advantages of REDCap over MS Excel, Access and some other online survey tools:
- Secure and web-based - Input data from anywhere in the world with secure web authentication, data logging, and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption.
- Hosted at Partners DIPR Datacenter - No need to worry about security issues regarding third party websites hosting your private data.
- Fast and flexible - Conception to production-level database timeline determined by study team.
- Multi-site access - Projects can be used by researchers from multiple sites and institutions.
- Fully customizable - You are in total control of shaping your database or survey.
- Advanced question features - Auto-validation, branching logic, piping, and stop actions.
- Mid-study modifications - You may modify the database or survey at any time during the course of your study.
- Data import functions - Data may be imported from external data sources to begin a study or to provide mid-study data uploads.
- Data comparison functions - Double data entry / Blinded data entry.
- Export results to common data analysis packages: Microsoft Excel, SAS, Stata, R, or SPSS for analysis.
- Save your survey or forms as PDFs - Generate a PDF version for printing in order to collect responses offline.
Meet the Team
REDCap Core Services
Need additional support?
ERIS Research Core offers supplemental services for REDCap:
- Review data collection forms to support efficient data entry
- Make recommendations on data modeling and data entry screens
- Program and test data entry screens to yield appropriate data sets for planned statistical analyses
- Plan patient tracking and scheduling systems
- Program feature extensions: plugins and hooks
Studytrax is an electronic data capture system designed to manage surveys, patient registries, clinical trials, and other research designs (learn more).
Investigators consistently choose Studytrax because of:
1) The Application
- What if it was simple to query, extract, visualize and analyze data, and publish the end-results?
- Studytrax sets the bar in investigator productivity by completely integrating the analytical / manuscript generation process.
- What if the workflow, tasks, data entry and management of multiple studies could be coordinated within a single, integrated environment?
- Studytrax combines ease of scalability with a powerful set up reporting features to make management of multiple studies simple.
- What if subjects were engaged and motivated to participate in studies?
- Studytrax dramatically reduces dropouts and missing data through a portal that supports data entry, plus delivers rich, personalized content and incentives!
2) The Support
Same Day Solutions
- The overwhelming majority of questions are solved the same day.
Up And Running
- Instant, cloud-based user access and easy setup process.
- Leverage a wealth of online resources or schedule 1-on-1 assistance.
3) The Relationship
- Accustom to the challenges of academic research, and adaptive to funding, requirements and timeline changes.
- Partnering with investigators to produce superior projects throughout their research career.
- Vetted by Partners' Research Information Science & Computing (RISC) for secure, compliant research use.
Learn more at Studytrax.com
The system combines the power and flexibility of a user-driven freezer management system with the solid foundation of a relational database. Researchers can subscribe to the service at a discounted rate through the Research Computing Core.
- Centrally hosted by Partners with daily backups
- Tracks what is being stored, moved, thawed and tested
- View sample inventory
- Provides batch data entry and update records
- Offers numerous options for viewing and exporting data
- Is able to print bar code labels and ship samples to outside organizations
- Controls access to data on an authorized user, per lab basis
- Provides a complete audit trail that complies with 21 CFR Part 11
More about Freezerworks: http://www.freezerworks.com/
- Annual subscription service fee
- Visit our Research Computing Core Fees page for pricing information (Login Required)
- Interested in using Freezerworks, please complete a brief online form
- After reviewing your request we will schedule a follow-up meeting.
- To access the software, your device must be connected to the Partners Network.
Starting October 1, 2016: Enterprise Research Infrastructure & Services, ERIS, manages an enterprise license for LabArchives.
LabArchives is a web-based application designed for scientists to organize and share laboratory data within their study team, department, or external collaborators. A LabArchives Notebook may be shared among any number of users; access rights are controlled by the notebook owner and can be easily modified to suit the individual needs of each researcher, educator, or contributor.
Replacing paper lab notebooks with ELNs has many advantages: ELNs streamline the documentation and protection of intellectual property, help scientists collaborate, and make scientific data and observations associated with experiments easier to search, find and use.
LabArchives Knowledgebase: Search general, getting started, and feature specific information.
New! LabArchives Monthly On-Site Sessions at BWH, MGH, MGH CNY & McLean - Event Calendar
Introduction to LabArchives: Every Thursday - REGISTER
To schedule Lab / Department Training: contact email@example.com
To schedule Introduction to Widgets: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Service Notification:
Due to increased Partners HealthCare Information Security requirements and standards, ERIS decommissioned the service (internally hosted application) on Oct. 3 2018.
If you were a Partners LimeSurvey user and require access to your archived data, please email email@example.com We will be able to grant short term access (~6 hrs) for you to access and export data.
We sincerely thank all of our LimeSurvey users for their use and support of the system over the years.