Collaborate using these services to ensure secure connections and improve your daily business interactions with patients, partners and colleagues. Tools like Send Secure Encrypted Email, Web Conferencing, and Syncplicity are offered and supported by Partners IS. ERIS supports additional services such as file sharing, mail lists, team collaboration and project management tools.
ERIS offers a email list server solution (Lyris ListManager) for all groups at Partners HealthCare.
Manage Members and Personalize Messages with Ease:
It's easy to add individual or multiple list members via the Lyris ListManager online interface. You can also grow your list by placing a "subscribe form" on your Web site.
It easy to personalize your emails with each member's name, email address and a variety of other data in the message's header and body, for example, Dear Bob or Dear firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send Messages with Confidence:
There are only a few steps involved in sending an email newsletter or announcement:
- Login to your list via web browser interface
- Compose your message using our templates or plain text/HTML
- Send yourself or your co-worker a test messge to check the formating and the content
- Send your message (or schedule it to be sent at a specified date and time)
Monitor Performance with Detailed Reporting:
After sending messages to your list members, you can view detailed reports that let you quickly analyze how they performed (including deliveries, bounces, and more). Over 30 useful mailing reports are available, including deliveries, bounces, subscriptions, and individual member history.
You can also view how your list membership changes over time (including subscriptions, unsubscriptions, and individual member history).
Manage your messages, member data, and everything else via our easy-to-use online interface. Setup wizards will help you create secure discussion groups quickly, and you can choose one, many, or no moderators (depending on the control you need).
- Subscribe: All lists can be setup where users can use a web form or send an email to subscribe (signup) to a list with or without administrative approval
- Unsubscribe: All lists can be setup where users can be given the option to unsubscribe from a list via a web form without having contract the list administrator
- Reading Past Messages: Users have the ability login to the system to see past emails sent to the list
- Reporting: Track how many users opened your mailing and clicked on embedding URL's
- Email Templates: Create email templates to simply recurring mailings
- Segmentation: Create targeted groups to email
- HTML WYSIWYG Editor: No HTML knowledge required
- Import Word Formated Content: Copy contact from Word doc right into your mailings
- Sending Test Emails: To verify formating to co-worker before you sending out the final email
- Web Surveys: Add web surveys to your mailings
- Import and Export: Email addresses into the system via CSV files
- List Adminstration: Supports multiple list administrators who can send mailings
Different Email Lists Available:
Send email newsletters, alerts, announcements, invitations and other similar messages.
Discussion groups (moderated or unmoderated)
Manage discussion groups and on-line communities.
Plan and deliver targeted email marketing and personalized campaigns.
- For any support issues or questions please email us at: email@example.com
- Support available Monday to Friday 8 AM to 5 PM ET except for observed holidays
ERIS offers a Secure File Transfer & Collaboration solution for exchanging large files with collaborators both inside and outside of Partners via a web browser. This service is a secure web based application with anti-virus detection built in. All files added to the system are encrypted during transfer and are scanned for viruses. Recipients receive an email with a link to download the files.
- Send files up to 100 GB in size to your collaborators (internal and external)
- 100 GB maxium storage per user
- Compatible with Macintosh, Windows and Linux Web Browsers
- All transfers are secured via 256 Bit SSL Encryption
- All files are scanned with Anti-virus software that is updated daily
- This system is an HIPAA compliant system and is safe to use for sending ePHI data in a data file, not in the text of the message.
File Related Features:
- Files are automatically removed from our system after 7 or 10 days depending their size
- For added security you can encrypt the files, as rest on our system if required (Java is required for this feature)
- You can receive files from anyone as long as they are invited to use the system
- You can request files from anyone, making it easier to get files from a collaborator
- You can select a folder of files with one click and the system zips up that folder (Java Required)
- When you send files, you can be notified when they have been download by the recipient
- You can send files that can only be downloaded by the intended receiptent or you can click on the Non Confidential check box and the recipient will not need to authenticate to download the files
Q. Where is the server hosted and who manages this system.
A. The server is physically located within a Partners datacenter and is managed by ERIS which is part of Partners IS.
Q. Can I use this service to send HIPAA or ePHI data?
A. Yes, but any information/text sent in the body of message is not encrypted. Only the file(s) are encrypted in transit. Please do not send any ePHI in the message. Keep all confidential data in the encrypted attachment.
Q. Is the data on this system backed up?
Q. Is the data I send via the Secure File Transfer Service secure?
A. Yes, we use 256 Bit SSL Encrytion during the transportation the data to and from the server. Also you can encrypt the data while it rests on our servers. Our technical staff can not access or read the data you send.
Q. Is the site available for anyone to use?
A. No, this system is for employees of Partners and Affiliate Hospitals. Non-Partners employees can use the system only if they are invited to use it and can only send files to people who work at Partners and its Affilate Hospitals.
Q. If I am invited to use Secure File Transfer will my account be permanent ?
A. Yes, you password will expire every 90 days.
Q. Are there any limits in the types of files we can send via the Secure File Transfer Service
A. No, but this system is for work-related file transfers only, any misuse will result in account suspension. Any copyrighted sofware, music, movies or other data can't be send via the Secure File Transfer Service unless you have permission to do so from the original content owner.
Q. When I send someone files do they get sent as an attachment in the email?
A. No, the receipent gets an email with a link to download the file.
Q. The original file I sent via Secure File Transfer got deleted, lost or corupted on my computer, can you recover the file for me?
A. No, files are automatically deleted from the system after 7 or 10 days. Also we never as access to the files you send.
Q. Do you keeps logs of all the files sent via this system?
Q. When are you going to start syncing this system so it uses my Partners Password instead of making users create different password?
A. We are looking to integrating this system with the Partners Authenication system but we don't have a time frame when that functionally will be available.
- You must use your @partners.org or Affiliate Hospital email address (xxx.harvard.edu). This system is NOT tied to your Partners password.
- For External Collaborators: You must be invited to use this system by anyone who has a Partners or Affilate Hospital email address.
Supported Web Browsers:
- Internet Explorer 8 or newer
- Firefox 31 or newer
- Safari 6.x or newer
- Chrome 17.x or newer
- Latest version of Java installed (required for larger than 2 GB file transfers).
- Passwords must contain a minimum of eight characters and must contain both numbers and letters.
- Passwords expire every 90 days.
- All transfers are secured using 256 Bit SSL Encryption
- For any support issues or questions please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Support available Monday to Friday 8 AM to 5 PM ET except for observed holidays.
What is it?
Syncplicity is an easy-to-use, secure file sharing and synchronization service. Unlike Dropbox, Syncplicity is approved for PHI. Similar to Dropbox, Syncplicity can:
Synchronize files across some or all of your personal devices (computers, smart phones and tablets)
Share files with collaborators outside of Partners
Syncplicity is designed to work with the devices you have, such as Mac OS X, Windows 7/8, iOS, Android and Windows Phone 8. This enterprise-grade file sharing and mobile collaboration solution that is backed by EMC, a global leader in cloud, big data and trusted IT.
Why do I need it?
Syncplicity is the new secure and automatic file synchronization, access and sharing service available for external collaboration at Partners and affiliate institutions (BWH, MGH, MCL, SRH). Syncplicity is the only collaboration tool of its kind that has been approved by the Partners office of the Chief Information Security & Privacy Officer for transporting or storing Partners Confidential Data. Dropbox, iCloud, and GoogleDrive do not have the same security protections as Syncplicity. Use of these other tools for confidential data can put you and Partners at risk.
Additional tools that are also approved for file share and collaboration include internal network storage options like Shared File Areas (SFAs) and Research Interactive Storage (RFA), large file transfer to internal and external collaborators through Secure File Transfer, and email encryption with Send Secure. Visit the ERIS KnowledgeBase for more information on when to use each tool by reading the article on How to choose a file storage or collaboration solution. If after reviewing this document you have questions regarding what option fits your data access, transmission and storage needs, email email@example.com for consultation.
How much does it cost?
Licenses are $33.00 each and will expire on August 1st, 2016 after which renewal is possible at a rate yet to be determined.
What is included in the license?
Each license comes with unlimited storage hosted in EMCs datacenter.
How do I purchase a license?
Syncplicity is available via the Ergonomics Website. Visit our KnowledgeBase for instructions on How to place an order in PHS Ergonomics (EGI). Note: If you are placing an order on behalf another user or group of users, be sure to include the name and email address for each individual in the notes section of the order.
The SKU for Syncplicity is: SYN-100GB-LIC
PHS Syncplicity License with unlimited storage (Note - requires up to 3-5 business days to be provisioned within PHS after order is placed) - *this license will expire August 1st, 2016*
After your order is approved, the Partners Service Desk (aka Help Desk) will provision you on the Syncplicity portal and notify you via a Welcome Email.
What do I do once my account is created?
The Welcome Email will confirm an account has been created for you and direct you to login to http://partners.syncplicity.com with the Primary Institutional email address listed in the request. Once you are logged in, select Install to download the Syncplicity client to your device. Repeat this step from each device you wish to access the synchronized files and folders from.
To get started with your Syncplicity account, visit the ERIS KnowledgeBase for step-by-step instructions and screenshots on topics such as:
- How to Install Syncplicity on Windows 7, 8 and Surface Pro
- How to Install Syncplicity on your Mac
- How to Install Syncplicity on iOS Devices
- How to Rename or Remove a device from your Syncplicity Account
- Best Practices for Setting up Syncplicity for Sharing Folders with Collaborators
- How to Share a File on Syncplicity for Mac OS X, Windows 7/8 and Surface Pro
- How to Share a Folder in Syncplicity for your Mac, Windows 7/8 or Surface Pro
- How to Share a File with Syncplicity on iOS
- How to Share a Folder with Syncplicity on iOS
Visit https://syncplicity.zendesk.com for additional content.
How do I request support or report a problem?
Contact the Partners HealthCare Service Desk: http://partners.org/isservicedesk
Supported Desktop Clients:
- Mac OS X Lion (10.7) through Yosemite (10.10)
- Windows 7.x (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32 bit and 64 bit)
Supported Desktop Web Browsers:
- Internet Explorer 8 or newer
- Safari 6.x or newer
- Chrome Latest stable + 2 previous versions
- Firefox: Latest stable + 2 previous versions
Supported Mobile Clients:
- Apple iOS 7 and 8 (iPhone and iPad)
- Android 4.0 and above
- Windows Phone 8
- Leverages Single Sign On so you can use your Partners username and password
- Suitable for and approved for use with PHI
- $33 / year (license expires August 1, 2016)
- For any support issues or questions please the Partners Service Desk: http://partners.org/isservicedesk
Confluence is an Enterprise Wiki and Collaboration tool used by ERIS and Research for documentation, team calendaring and information dissemination.
Confluence is a collaboration tool that provides a centralized place for:
- Capturing knowledge that is often stored in emails or lost on hard drives or in shared file areas
- Organizing information by providing secure discrete spaces for each project, project team, functional unit or department
- Maintains look and feel via easy WYSIWYG editors and built in templates such as those for HOWTO:, Meeting Notes, Project Requirements
- Encourages collaboration by providing avenues for discussions via comments, favoriting or "watching" spaces and documents
- Offers Team Calendars to allow groups easily visualize work, vacation and other scheules
- Integrates with JIRA, a Project Management Tool, also offered by ERIS
JIRA is the current project and issue tracking tool used by ERIS Core Engineers as well as other Research groups. Other commercially licensed applications, including Microsoft Project and Sharepoint, are used by Partners HealthCare; however we are not currently aware of an enterprise supported project management tool.
JIRA is a project management tool that allows teams, groups and departments to track issues, manage project timelines and aid in development of code through the integration of code review processes. Among other things, JIRA can be used to:
- Track issues, assign to developers or engineers
- Project Tracking
- Code Integration
- Integrates with Confluence, a Project Management Tool, also offered by ERIS
Partners Collaborative Media Services - Videoconferencing and more
Partners Collaborative Media Services is committed to broaden total services with integrated technologies and streamlined operations. The team offers a complete range of media services to the personnel and affiliated institutions of Partners HealthCare. Among the services are full-range video production, videoconferencing, media encoding, web streaming, live webcast, CD / DVD creation and duplication.
For more information please via http://pcm.partners.org
PCM offers the following solutions:
For more information please visit http://pcm.partners.org/services/webinar-support.aspx