REDCap Service Alert: Scheduled Downtime
REDCap (https://redcap.partners.org/redcap) upgrades to v8.10.18 scheduled for Tuesday June 18th, 6:30AM EST are complete. REDCap was offline from 6:28 to 6:44 AM EST.
This upgrade will include a number of new features and bug fixes. These include:
- New feature: REDCap Messenger
- REDCap Messenger is a communication platform built directly into REDCap. It allows REDCap users to communicate easily and efficiently with each other in a secure manner. At its core, REDCap Messenger is a chat application that enables REDCap users to send one-on-one direct messages or to organize group conversations with other REDCap users. REDCap Messenger is also the best and easiest way to share documents with other REDCap users, in which you can upload documents and embed pictures inside any given conversation.
- Watch 10-minute video on REDCap Messenger
- Improvement: Performance boost – Certain pages in projects with thousands or more records should now load much faster in most cases. This includes the Record Status Dashboard, various pages utilizing Data Access Groups, and certain reports. Reports A and B should especially see significantly faster loading (excluding when viewing “all” pages in report A or B).
- Change: Changed the text "Manage Survey Participants" to "Survey Distribution Tools," which more clearly describes the pages in that section.
- New feature: Report Folders - Reports can now be organized into folders in any given project. If a user has "Add/Edit Reports" privileges, they will see an "Organize" link on the left-hand project menu above the project’s reports. They will be able to create folders and then assign their reports to a folder, after which the project's reports will be displayed in collapsible groups on the left-hand menu.
- New feature: “Edit Access” for reports - In addition to setting "View Access" when creating or editing a report, users can now set the report's "Edit Access" (under Step 1) to control who in the project can edit, copy, or delete the report. This setting will be very useful if one wishes to prevent certain users from modifying or deleting particular reports.
- Improvement: A project's Record ID field can now be used as a Live Filter in any given report, thus allowing users to easily view the report for a single record.
- Improvement: New optional parameters added to the API Export Records method to filter data returned based on when a record was created or modified
- dateRangeBegin – To return only records that have been created or modified *after* a given date/time, provide a timestamp in the format YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS (e.g., '2017-01-01 00:00:00' for January 1, 2017 at midnight server time). If not specified, it will assume no begin time.
- dateRangeEnd – To return only records that have been created or modified *before* a given date/time, provide a timestamp in the format YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS (e.g., '2017-01-01 00:00:00' for January 1, 2017 at midnight server time). If not specified, it will use the current server time.
If you have any concerns about REDCap being offline at this time or any questions about these new features, please email firstname.lastname@example.org