April 28, 2022
This article describes how to activate Office and setup Outlook for Mac 2016.
PLEASE NOTE: If you already have an active Office license on another device, these steps are unnecesary
- If you have not already done so please call the Mass General Brigham Service Desk at 617-726-5085 to request a license.
- You will not be able to activate and use Office until you have been licensed
- Processor: Intel only
- Operating system: Mac OS X v10.15 or later
- Memory: 4 GB of RAM or more
- Hard disk Space: 2.5 GB
- Monitor: 1280 x 800 pixel or higher resolution
Office 365 Account Information
An Office 365 account is used to activate Office 2016. It may also be called your Organizational Account.
- Your Office 365 user name is the same as your Primary Email Address.
- Your password is your password.
What is my primary email address?
If you are not sure of your primary email address, follow these steps:
- Go to https://myprofile.partners.org.
- Click Login, and then enter your User Name and Password.
- Your primary email address appears on the right side of the page below your user name.
- After installing Office 2016, go to your Application folder and double-click the Outlook icon
You will be prompted with a couple welcome screens.
- Click the next arrow.
- Click the Get Started button
- Click the Sign in button.
- Enter your Primary Email Address and then click Next.
- Click Work Account.
- Enter your User name (example: ABC0) then click the log in button
- You may be prompted to answer your security questions.
- Next enter your Password and click the Log in button.
Personalize your Settings
- Chose a theme if desired and click Continue.
- Click Start Using Outlook
- Click Add Account to setup a new account or click Import if you have have Outlook 2011 installed.
- If you add an account you will be prompted with the window below, select Exchange or Office 365
- Enter your Primary email address (@partners.org or @xxx.harvard.edu) in to E-Mail address and User Name field and your password. Also check the box Configure Automatically.
- Click Add Account button.
- You are now ready to start using Outlook.
If escalation is necessary, please contact the Service Desk to assign a ticket to the appropriate research technicians group: