Posted on August 1, 2014
February 25, 2023
Go to KB0018592 in the IS Service Desk
- Instructions on how encrypt your Macintosh computer
- Mac OSX 10.15 or greater
- Enroll your Mac computer in PEAS. This will begin the process to automatically enable encryption.
- You can use your computer during the encryption process.
- Reboot your machine to complete the encryption process.
- When prompted, select Enable Now to encrypt your device with FileVault.
- Keep in mind, after the third reboot of the computer, encryption will automatically be enabled.