June 21, 2021
- How to get and install Microsoft Office 2016 for Macintosh
- You will not be able to activate and use Office without an Office 365 License.
- Processor: Intel only
- Operating system: Mac OS X v10.14 or later
- Memory: 4 GB of RAM or more
- Hard disk Space: 2.5 GB
- Monitor: 1280 x 800 pixel or higher resolution
- Enterprise Vault Plug-in is not compatible with Office 2016
Office 365 Account Information
An Office 365 account is used to activate Office 2016. It may also be called your Organizational Account.
- Your Office 365 user name is the same as your Primary Email Address.
- Your password is your Mass General Brigham password.
If you are not sure of your primary email address, follow these steps:
Click Login, and then enter your User Name and Password.
Your primary email address appears on the right side of the page below your user name.
- Users need to enroll their Mac into the Program for Enterprise Apple Support (PEAS)
- Launch Self Service from the Applications folder ( Go menu > Applications)
- Click the icon labeled Install Microsoft Office 2016
- Click Install to confirm
- Click on the In Progress icon on the right-hand column to view installation status
- You will be prompted that if you have not used Office 365 before to contact the Service Desk to request a license. If you have used Office on another computer, you do not need to request a license. Click the OK button.
- Office installation Succeeded. Now you can start using Office applications located in your Applications Folder
- When you launch Outlook, Word, Excel or Powerpoint applications you will to need to activate the software, please see link below for instructions.