Zoom Video Conferencing
Zoom is a cloud-based platform for video conferencing, mobile collaboration, and online meetings.
Zoom’s web-based conferencing uses video and audio and allows collaboration between MacOS, Windows, iOS and Android mobile devices. Additionally, Zoom can be used with conventional phone lines to join meetings.
▪ Video, audio and screen sharing
▪ Phone line support. International numbers available
▪ Traditional videoconferencing systems (Cisco & Polycom) systems support
▪ Large meeting/webinar support for up to 500 concurrent participants
▪ Chat, whiteboard, polling functionality available
▪ Same features and functionality available on both laptops/desktops (Windows and Mac) and mobile device apps (iOS and Android)
1 Zoom Account- $14/month, $168/annual
Request for a New Zoom Account/Upgrade
DFCI - Zoom Accounts for DFCI employees are provided by DFCI Telecom.
Please see https://dfcionline.org/departments/telecommunications/services/conferencing/zoom/ for instructions on requesting an account.
All Others - To obtain a Zoom account, please submit a Zoom Requests request.
The form is available on the IS Service Hub under Make a Request > Collaboration and Productivity > Zoom Requests