Meet your research and innovation partner in technology, data and analytics
The BWH Research Education Program together with Enterprise Research Infrastructure & Services (ERIS) are working to provide an opportunity for you to learn about the breadth of technology services and support available to all researchers at Brigham and Women's Hospital. Subject matter experts will be on-site and happy to help you navigate the tools and services available to help your research and innovation.
We’ll have information available and experts on-hand to discuss the topics listed below and more.
Tuesday, October 22, 2019 from 1-5:00p.m.
Marshall A. Wolf Conference Room, HBTM 3rd Floor Space 3002, Brigham and Women's Hospital, 60 Fenwood Road, Boston, MA
Participant Information Packet with Room Setup New!
Subject matter experts will be on-site and happy to help you navigate the tools and services available to help your research and innovation, discuss problems and answer questions. Micro-presentations highlighting ERIS services are scheduled throughout the day and info booths will be staffed for 1:1 opportunities. Plan to stop in for a few topics or stay for the full duration.
|1:10-1:20p.m.||LabArchives & Freezerworks||
Lynn Simpson, MPH
|1:20-1:30p.m.||REDCap, Responsy & GitLab||Lynn Simpson, MPH
|1:30-1:40p.m.||Digital Health Review||Kathi Rossi-Roh
Lynn Simpson, MPH
|Break & Networking|
|2:00-2:15p.m.||NAC and Windows 10 Updates
Non-standard Window PCs and Macs
|2:15-2:35p.m.||RPDR & Biobank Portal||
|Break & Networking|
|3:00-3:10p.m.||Research Computing Core (Software, Consulting & Development)||
|3:10-3:20p.m.||Hosted Services (Websites, Servers, Databases)||
|3:20-3:30p.m.||Research Data Storage for Compliance & Security||
|Break & Networking|
Edana Martin, PhD
|4:10-4:20p.m.||Partners R Resources (RShiny, User Group & more)||
|4:20-4:30p.m.||IDEA Data Analytics Platform for Big Data||
Subject matter experts from various teams will be on-site hosting information tables to collaborate with you throughout the event, including:
- The Biobank Portal is a tool that links consented subjects from the Partners Biobank with their health care data from the electronic medical record (EMR).
- Brigham Research Education Program: The Research Education Program works closely with other groups providing education and training for the BWH research community to help promote all offerings across the continuum.
- Brigham Research Institute (BRI): BRI strives to provide a clear voice (internally and externally) for the entire BWH research community, raise the profile of research at BWH, develop mission-centric collaborations with external entities and engage the scientific community in fundraising.
- ERIS Consumer Technology Management (CTM): This team was formed to create synergy between PC, Mac, and Mobile teams to unify and operationalize the endpoint computing strategy. CTM is working on the new Partners PC with Windows 10.
- Dropbox Business allows individuals and teams to sync, share, and manage your files online. Up to 1 TB of storage is provided per user, full data encryption and compliance with Partners policies and procedures, including use for Protected Health Information (PHI). Stop by to learn how to make the most of this collaboration tool.
- ERIS Enterprise Data & Analytics Platform: This team works on several projects to bring multiple types of healthcare data into secure environments and platforms for analysis.
- ERIS Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM): Keeping mobile devices secure is an important security initiative. Partners has successfully enrolled over 30,000 users in MobileIron, which ensures that Partners resources, such as email, are secured on mobile devices. Stop by to see a demo and ask questions.
- ERIS Freezerworks is an electronic sample and specimen management and tracking tool developed by Dataworks and hosted through Enterprise Research IS at Partners HealthCare. The application meets GLP and FDA Guidelines, including 21 CFR part 11 requirements for labs across the Partners network.
- ERIS LabArchives is a web-based application designed for documenting research workflows or processes, collaborating with internal and external researchers, and managing research data.
- ERIS Mobile Applications Process Coordinator (MAPC) reviews digital health technologies and ensures that the PI and Study Team are in touch with all relevant stakeholders in a timely manner for a successful implementation. Learn when, and how, to request a Digital Health Technology Review, and what to expect.
- The Research Data Protection Office (RDPO) works with the Brigham Health Research Community to secure system and network resources and maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of research data.
- ERIS Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap) & Survey tool: A web-based software application for electronic collection and management of research and clinical study data.
- ERIS Research Computing Core: Learn about storage, backup, and cost-effective consultation and technical services. Learn about how to access discounted academic software for business use.
- The Research Patient Data Registry (RPDR) is a centralized clinical data registry or data warehouse that gathers clinical information from various Partners hospital systems.
- ERIS RICS Office provides dedicated computing support for the research community at Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH). The RICS team helps researchers focus on science by solving their IT challenges using their deep knowledge of Research IT across the system to consult on solutions for researchers.
- ERIS Scientific Computing: Learn about the computational resources available to you. For example, ask your questions about the ERISOne Linux Cluster, the Integrated Data Environment for Analytics (IDEA) for Big Data and the newly-formed Partners R User Group.
- ERIS Web Hosting: ERIS provides hosting options for lab and departmental websites on both shared hosting environments like Wordpress or on a dedicated Virtual Server (VM).
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns about this event.