MGH Research Management together with Enterprise Research Infrastructure & Services (ERIS) are working to provide an opportunity for you to learn about the breadth of technology services and support available to all researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH).
Thursday, September 13 from 10a.m. - 2:00p.m.
MGH Building 114 D1, D2 & D3 in the Charlestown Navy Yard
Lunch will be provided
Participant Information Packet with Room Setup New!
Subject matter experts will be on site and happy to help you navigate the tools and services available to help your research and innovation, discuss problems and answer questions. Presentation bytes highlighting ERIS services are scheduled throughout the day and info booths will be staffed for 1:1 opportunities. Plan to stop in for a few topics or stay for the full duration.
|10:15-10:25a.m.||LabArchives & Freezerworks||Lynn Simpson, MPH
|10:45-10:55a.m.||REDCap, Stencil & Digital Health Review||Lynn Simpson, MPH
Timothy Hale, PhD
|11:15-11:25a.m.||The new Partners PC with Windows 10||Manuela Stoyanov|
|11:45-11:55a.m.||Research Computing Core (Software, Consulting & Development)||Neil Coplan|
|12:15-12:25p.m.||Hosted Services (Websites, Servers, Databases)||
|12:45-12:55p.m.||Research Data Storage for Compliance & Security||
|1:15-1:30p.m.||Scientific Computing (ERISOne, IDEA, R Resources, Big Data, AI, Spark, Hadoop)
Includes a showcase of how the MGH Computational Pathology pipeline runs on ERISOne, highlighting CIDer and other applications.
Jon Jackson, PhD, ERIS
Edana Merchan, PhD, ERIS
Henry Paik, ERIS
Maciej Pacula, MGH
Subject matter experts from various teams will be on site hosting information tables to collaborate with you throughout the event, including:
- Partners Connected Health Innovation: Stencil is a platform that leverages the power of REDCap to enable remote data collection, using a secure smartphone app. Surveys created in REDCap are converted into an easy to use app that runs on Android and Apple phones. Phone notifications can be used to remind participants when to complete a survey. Data is transmitted directly into the REDCap data base providing real-time data collection.
- ERIS Consumer Technology Management (CTM): This team was formed to create synergy between PC, Mac and Mobile teams to unify and operationalize the endpoint computing strategy. CTM is working on the new Partnesr PC with Windows 10.
- Digital Health and Innovation Guidance: If you are undertaking a digital health project, MGH HealthCare Transformation Laboratory (HTL) offers advisory services to help you identify potential collaborators, develop research proposals, navigate regulatory offices, and implement your project.
- ERIS Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM): Keeping mobile devices secure is an important security initiative. Partners has successfully enrolled over 30,000 users in MobileIron, which ensures that Partners resources, such as email, are secured on mobile devices. Stop by to see a demo and ask questions.
- ERIS Freezerworks: Freezerworks is an electronic sample and specimen management and tracking tool developed by Dataworks and hosted through Enterprise Research IS at Partners HealthCare. The application meets GLP and FDA Guidelines, including 21 CFR part 11 requirements for labs across the Partners network.
- ERIS LabArchives: An electronic laboratory notebook solution for organizing and securely sharing laboratory data within your study team, department or external collaborators
- Medical Device Interoperability and Cybersecurity Program: This lab works to accelerate the adoption of medical device interoperability by providing interoperability building blocks (use cases, standards, a neutral lab "test bed" environment, and open research tools).
- ERIS Mobile Applications Process Coordinator (MAPC): ERIS MAPC reviews digital health technologies and ensures that the PI and Study Team are in touch with all relevant stakeholders in a timely manner for a successful implementation. Learn when, and how, to request a Digital Health Technology Review, and what to expect.
- ERIS Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap) & Survey tool: A web-based software application for electronic collection and management of research and clinical study data.
- ERIS Research Computing Core: Learn about storage, backup and cost-effective consultation and technical services. Learn about how to access discounted academic software for business use.
- ERIS Scientific Computing: Learn about the computational resources available to you. For example, ask your questions about the ERISOne Linux Cluster, the Integrated Data Environment for Analytics (IDEA) for Big Data and the newly-formed Partners R User Group.
- ERIS Site Team: ERIS provides dedicated computing support for the research community at MGH CNY. ERIS helps researchers focus on science by solving their IT challenges using their deep knowledge of Research IT across the system to consult on solutions for researchers.ERIS helps researchers focus on science by solving their IT challenges using their deep knowledge of Research IT across the system to consult on solutions for researchers.
- ERIS Web Hosting: ERIS provides hosting options for lab and departmental websites on both shared hosting environments like Wordpress or on a dedicated Virtual Server (VM).
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns about this event.