R has been really popular in recent years - as a matter of fact, the fastest-growing language - not only because of its statistical capability but also because of its powerful ability to manipulate data in a relatively easy and fast manner. In addition, it can produce publication-ready plots with just a few lines of code.
This training course targets research scientists who have no or little knowledge of R (if you have used R before, please do not sign up for this session). This hands-on training will provide many examples and exercises. Below are the topics that we will study.
Please note that this is 2-day training. You are required to attend both days.
Part 1 (3/23, Wed. 9 am - 12 pm)
- What is R? Why R?
- What to use?
- R console, Rstudio and Partners Rstudio
- Data Objects - Vector, Matrix, and Data frame
- What are packages? How to install them? How to use them?
- Data wrangling with dplyr
Part 2 (3/30, Wed. 9 am - 12 pm)
- Review what we learned
- more examples and hands-on practices on data wrangling with dplyr
Please register here to save your spot!
Contact email@example.com if you have questions.
Scientific Computing Team
- Bring a laptop, either Windows or Mac.
- Request an ERISOne account in advance. Please fill the form ERISOne Account Request Form.
- Install SecureConnector from https://rc.partners.org/nac