February 23, 2024
This document describes: (1) How to import files into your Azure Enclave Project Workspace (2) How to export files from your Azure Enclave Project Workspace and (3) I need technical assistance with importing files. What should I do?
- Access to your Project Workspace in the Azure Enclave has been provisioned.
- You received a unique Azure Enclave Project Workspace IP Address to connect to your Project Workspace using Remote Desktop Connection (RDC)
- You must access your Azure Enclave project workspace either on an approved computer within the Mass General Brigham (MGB) network or via MGB VPN.
How to import files into your Azure Enclave Project Workspace
All users with access to an Azure Enclave Project Workspace have the ability to import files into the workspace.
- On your computer, connect to your Project Workspace at \\Project Workspace IP Address\Inbound using the unique Project Workspace IP Address provided to you when your access to the workspace was provisioned.
- Example: \\188.8.131.52\Inbound
- Based on your computer's operating system, reference the following article for details on how to map a networking drive:
- You may copy and paste or move files into the Inbound folder location you just mapped.
- NOTE: Copied or moved files WILL NOT BE VISIBLE in the Inbound folder. Ignore all permission errors by clicking OK or CANCEL.
- Once all files have been moved, follow one of the following steps to start the automated file import into your project workspace:
- Lock your Azure Enclave project workspace if you are currently logged in by clicking the Start button in the bottom-left corner. Click your user icon and then select Lock. You may subsequently log back in. You can also lock your workspace by clicking Ctrl+Alt+End keys. (Note: Use End key instead of Delete)
- Log into your Azure Enclave project workspace if you are currently NOT logged in.
- Your imported files will be located in F:\Imported\ReminderToMoveUnderlyingFiles folder. Please remember to remove your files from this folder.
- NOTE: If you do not see your imported files in this folder, the import job is still running. Importing may take seconds or minutes depending on the size of the files. Refresh file explorer until the files appear.
How to export files from your Azure Enclave Project Workspace
As of February 2022, the export ability is not available to researchers. Please contact Azure Enclave Team at MGBAzureEnclave@partners.org for assistance.
I need technical assistance with importing files. What should I do?
If further assistance is needed, please open a Research Issue/Inquiry Request and choose the Request Type dropdown value of Project Workspace Issue/Inquiry (Non-Access Related). Please always include your unique Project Workspace IP Address on all communications.