November 20, 2023
This document describes: (1) How to import files into your Azure Enclave Project Workspace (2) How to export files from your Azure Enclave Project Workspace and (3) I need technical assistance with importing files. What should I do?
- Access to your Project Workspace in the Azure Enclave has been provisioned.
- You received a unique Azure Enclave Project Workspace IP Address to connect to your Project Workspace using Remote Desktop Connection (RDC)
- You must access your Azure Enclave project workspace either on an approved computer within the Mass General Brigham (MGB) network or via MGB VPN.
How to import files into your Azure Enclave Project Workspace
All users with access to an Azure Enclave Project Workspace have the ability to import files into the workspace.
- On your computer, map a network drive to the Project Workspace F: Drive Inbound folder using the unique Project Workspace IP Address provided to you when your access to the workspace was provisioned. This is a one-time setup.
- Path Format: \\Project Workspace IP Address\Inbound — Example: \\184.108.40.206\Inbound
- Based on your computer's operating system, reference the following article for details on how to map a networking drive:
- You may copy and paste or move files into the Inbound folder location you just mapped.
- Note: Copied or moved files WILL NOT BE VISIBLE in the Inbound folder. Ignore all permission errors by clicking OK or CANCEL.
- The Azure Enclave Support Team is automatically notified when the workspace Inbound folder contains files.
- During normal business hours, the team will evaluate the files and manually place your Inbound files into the Project Workspace F: Drive Imported folder location.
- Please allow up to 2 hours for manual file transfer completion during normal business hours. In the future, this file transfer will be automated.
- To access imported files in your project workspace, login to your Azure Enclave Project Workspace. Your imported files will be located in F:\Imported folder
- Please remember to copy your files from the F:\Imported\ReminderToMove folder to a shared location. Once copied, please remember to delete these files. All files will be deleted the last weekend of every month.
How to export files from your Azure Enclave Project Workspace
As of February 2022, the export ability is not available to researchers. Please contact Azure Enclave Team at MGBAzureEnclave@partners.org for assistance.
I need technical assistance with importing files. What should I do?
If further assistance is needed, please open a Research Issue/Inquiry Request and choose the Request Type dropdown value of Project Workspace Issue/Inquiry (Non-Access Related). Please always include your unique Project Workspace IP Address on all communications.