October 26, 2023
Go to KB0034393 in the IS Service Desk
Mass General Brigham uses Okta Verify as a second factor authentication for Electronic Prescribing of Controlled substances as well as Secure Log In to MGB Applications.
It can be used anytime, although it is ideal when working:
- Remote/Off-site access to MGB applications
- In areas with limited or no internet service or poor cell phone coverage, or when traveling internationally
- When ePrescribing Controlled Substances in Epic
- Uses Push Notification and does not require you to enter any codes or numbers.
- Allows you to verify your identity by an app on your mobile device
- Is available for iOS and Android devices
- Can only be linked to one device at a time
- If you need to register a new device, please follow the enrollment instructions.
How to set up Okta Verify
- See the attachments below