January 22, 2022
To provide instructions on how to check if your mobile device is enrolled and valid with MobileIron.
➤ Check Enrollment Type via Settings:
Follow the steps below to check if the iOS device has an enrollment profile installed.
1. Launch the Settings app.
● If the user cannot locate the app, they can utilize iOS's built-in search tool. Please see HT201285 for instructions.
2. Select General.
3. Select Device Management, which should be the 4th item from the bottom of the screen and located directly below VPN.
a. If Device Management is NOT present, then the device is not enrolled.
b. If Device Management IS present and shows:
|'Present' Profile Name||Profile Defined|
|Root MDM Profile||Then this device is enrolled as a personal or BYO device.|
|MobileIron Cloud DEP MDM Profile||Then this device is enrolled as a Corporate or Supervised device.|
|Other MDM profile||Any other MDM profile is not issued by Mass General Brigham, and the third party MDM will need to be removed in order to enroll in MobileIron.|
➤ Check Enrollment Status via MobileIron Go:
Follow the steps below to check if the enrollment profile is valid and responsive.
1. Launch the MobileIron Go app.
a. If the user cannot locate the app, they can utilize iOS's built-in search tool.
● For instructions, please see HT201285.
b. If the search tool confirms the MobileIron Go app is NOT present, then the device is NOT enrolled successfully.
2. In the MobileIron Go app, check the device status on the home screen.
a. If MobileIron Go is present, but reports the device is NOT in compliance, then the MDM is broken and will need to be un-enrolled and then re-enrolled.
b. If MobileIron Go is present, and reports the device is IN compliance, note the current time the device "Last checked in at" and continue to follow the steps listed below.
i. Tap on the Settings tab within MobileIron Go.
ii. Select Check for Updates
iii. Press Continue
iv. Return to the Home tab within MobileIron Go.
v. Confirm the "Last checked in at" time has updated.
- If it did update, then the device is enrolled and communicating with the server as expected.
- If it did not updated, then the device is enrolled, but the MDM is broken and will need to be un-enrolled and then re-enrolled to re-forge the connection to the server.
If further assistance is needed, please contact the IS Service Desk.