To follow this guide you must already have an account on ERISOne.
There are two options available, but connecting to RStudio Server in your web-browser is recommended in most cases
option 1: RStudio Server in a Web-Browser
- Connect to https://rstudio.partners.org
- You will be prompted to enter your Partners user ID and password TWICE
- It is necessary to be connected directly to the Partners network or on VPN.
- To install packages please use the method "curl".
>install.packages("your_package_name", method = "curl")
- When done working, please be considerate of other investigators and Quit Rstudio if you will not be using the session again
- To close permanently choose "Quit RStudio..." from the RStudio "File" menu
- To disconnect in order to return later to the running session simply close the web page
option 2: RStudio Application in a Remote Desktop
The RStudio stand-alone application does not have access to as much memory as the RStudio server. Using this approach is for when your R analysis requires a small amount of memory or if you are developing an interactive application (such as with Shiny )
- In the remote desktop, find RStudio in the Applications menu under "Programming"
- If you wish to develop a web-based application in Shiny, choose the "option 2: RStudio Application in a Remote Desktop" method. When your application is ready to deploy please contact us to have it made accessible from the Partners network.
- RStudio sessions that are idle for 2 weeks or longer may be terminated without notification. Idle sessions are sessions which
- have not been connected to in 2 weeks
- are not using CPU cycles