September 25, 2020 7:20 pm
- Production Patching on ERIS hosted servers, Saturday, September 26, 2020, starting at 9:00 am.
- All ERIS CentOS-6 Hosted Virtual Machines (VM) will reach End of Life on November 30th, 2020. End of Life means the product is no longer supported by Red Hat and the community-supported CentOS distribution for Red Hat Enterprise Linux. The ERIS team will not support CentOS-6 VMs after November 30th, 2020, as there will be no security updates and bug fixes for CentOS-6 after November 30th, 2020. We do not perform in-place upgrades, instead, Centos6 owners will need to request new VMs and migrate your applications and web configurations to the new CentOS-8 VMs before November 30th, 2020. You can request new VMs by following this link https://rcservices.partners.org/#service_category_4
- The ERIS Infrastructure team is changing how we name VMs. Effective immediately we are dropping .dipr. from the VM name of all new VMs, and instead, we will add "rc-" to the beginning of each VM name when we deploy new VMs. Going forward all new VMs will be named rc-vmname.partners.org
- Over the past 6 months, the ERIS Infrastructure team has been moving active URLs/Sites with access to the Internet from our older proxy server to a new redundant proxy server. We are almost done and we are targeting Wednesday, October 7th to shut down the old proxy server. There should be no impact when we shut down the old proxy server however if you have any questions or concerns contact us and we will follow up with you concerning your site.
FlowJo - new Core Software:
- FlowJo portal licenses are offered at a discounted rate through the ERIS Research Computing Core.
- FlowJo is a software package for analyzing flow cytometry data. Files produced by modern flow cytometers are written in the Flow Cytometry Standard format with an .fcs file extension. FlowJo will import and analyze cytometry data regardless of which flow cytometer is used to collect the data.
- This is a per user subscription service with an annual fee. Your FlowJo license may be used anywhere and on any computer.
- Request through the ERIS Research Computing Core Service Catalog.
- Contact ERIS with questions or concerns.
Next Research Tech Talk:
- Thursday, October 29, 2020, 12:00 noon - 2:00pm, remote via Teams
- Speakers TBA