November 30, 2015 1:20 pm
Partners offers these simple tips to keep you and your family safe over the holidays:
- If your device such as a smartphone or laptop is lost or stolen, please report it to the Partners ServiceDesk as soon as possible.
- Keep your home safe! Be cautious when sharing travel plans on social media and arrange to have mail or deliveries stopped or picked up.
- Be wary of “free” Wi-Fi when traveling! Use the Partners VPN if you can or limit any use of sites, including Partners, which require personal information or a login.
- Report any fraudulent credit card, store or bank transactions promptly: see http://www.idtheft.gov/.
- Use only trusted apps or sites when banking or shopping online. Look for the padlock or https:// in the browser bar.
- If you purchase a new device, always keep the software updated, use a strong password and enable encryption.
We hope you find these safety tips useful this holiday season. Happy Holidays!