Posted on July 12, 2018
November 9, 2022
Go to KB0034428 in the IS Service Desk
- macOS 10.15, 11.6 or 12.1. If your Mac is running an OS older than 10.14 you are out of support, at risk and out of compliance with Mass General Brigham policy. Please contact the Service Desk for assistance with an upgrade.
- PEAS Enrollment. Verify you are enrolled in PEAS if you have Self Service installed in your Applications folder. Review KB0018617 to enroll in PEAS.
- Access provisioned to Cisco Jabber service. Contact the Service Desk if you need to be provisioned to use Cisco Jabber.
- Jabber does not require VPN access.
New Installation or Upgrade:
- Launch PEAS Self Service from your Applications folder:
- Login with your Mass General Brigham credentials:
- Click Install under the Cisco Jabber icon to install new or Reinstall if you have a prior version and need to upgrade:
- Self Service will display Executing, Running and then Reinstall once complete.
- Launch Cisco Jabber from your Applications folder:
- Enter your Mass General Brigham User ID @ partners.org and click continue:
- Enter your Mass General Brigham password and then click Sign In:
- Upon the first launch of Cisco Jabber you will be prompted to allow Jabber to record your screen if you wish. Click OK to provision access to Screen Recording:
- You will be prompted to allow Cisco Jabber to record your screen, click Open System Preferences:
- Click the lock in the botton left corner to make changes and authenticate with your Mac's administrator credentials:
- Click the check box next to Cisco Jabber and you will be prompted to Quit & Reopen Cisco Jabber to complete the configuration.
- Congratulations you have now installed Cisco Jabber!