Posted on August 1, 2014
Comments/Questions? Go to the article in the IS Service Desk
- How to setup MS Outlook 2011 for Mac OSX to work with Partners Exchange 2010 email system.
- OS Version: 10.5.8, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8
- Software: Microsoft Outlook 2011 for Mac 14.3 or later
- Exchange Server address: https://outlook.partners.org/ews/exchange.asmx
- For auto setup process to work you need use an @partners.org email address.
- If you normally use a @xxx.harvard.edu address please use @partners.org during the setup process and you can change your reply to address to @xxx.harvard.edu after the account is setup.
- If you are using the Partners Wireless you must be connected to PHSWIFI3
- The Partners Exchange 2010 servers are accessible from outside the Partners Network (No VPN Required)
- Start or launch the Microsoft Outlook for Mac application
- Then click on the Tools menu and select Accounts...
- In the Add Account screen, Click on Exchange Account Button to proceed to the next window
- Enter your email address and your Partners ID (ie. Partners\abc0) and password. You must use a @partners.org email address for the auto setup to work, you can change it back to your standard email after the setup is complete. Then click the Add Accountbutton to complete the setup.
- Then you will need to enter the server address: outlook.partners.org and then click "Add Account" button to finalize the setup.
tags: outlook 2011 mac exchange 2010 ews