Tips for managing your email:
- Empty your sent and deleted folders. If you need to keep items from those folders see the instructions below.
- Strip attachments from emails and store in a folder on your H: drive.
- When sending, use our Secure File Transfer Service rather than your email client attachment function.
- Don't use your Partners email for personal communication.
- If you want your recipient(s) to view a file that is available online, send the URL rather than a copy of the file, ask people to do the same for you.
- If you are collaborating with internal users on a grant, use a shared file area (sfa) instead of emailing files back and forth to each other.
- Empty the email trash folder in your email client.
- Sort by Size and delete the larger emails
Instructions for moving your email off the email server to your local computer:
Instructions and tips for managing your email using Microsoft Outlook (Windows):
In Microsoft Outlook on Windows use local Outlook Personal Folders (.pst) to archive email. Pst's are stored outside of your Exchange account preferably on your H: drive (home drive) and do not count towards your email quota. You will find instructions on how to create Outlook Personal Folders (.pst) in the guides below: