October 27, 2021
NOTE: The information below applies to devices enrolled into MobileIron.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
➤ What is the MobileIron Self-Service Portal?
The Self-Service portal is a web site designed to allow you to see what devices you have enrolled in MobileIron. In addition, it will allow you to perform basic management actions on your devices that you have enrolled. For example, you can remove old devices associated to MobileIron, retire or wipe your device, and in some cases lock or unlock a forgotten passcode.
➤ How to access the Self-Service Portal
1. Navigate to the Self Service portal via the website:
NOTE: If you are on a Mass General Brigham computer network, you will not be prompted to send a text code. This can be particularly useful if you are trying to unlock your own device and can not receive an SMS text.
2. Login with your Mass General Brigham Email Address
3. Authenticate via Okta using your Mass General Brigham ID and Password
➤ What can you do with it?
There are 4 major functions within the Self Service Portal:
1. Retire: This will remove MobileIron from your device and will remove all apps and data associated with Mass General Brigham. This includes information such as Mass General Brigham Email and Apps (Receiver, Haiku, Dropbox EMM, etc). This will not touch your personal information, email or pictures.
2. Wipe: This is a full device wipe and will reset your phone to factory defaults.
3. Unlock: If you've forgotten your passcode to your iOS device, you can use this function to temporarily unlock it. Note that this will also reset your credit cards in Apple Wallet / Apple Pay and other passwords on your device.
4. Lock: This will remotely lock your iOS device.
5. Reset Secure Apps Passcode: This feature is not used at Mass General Brigham.
➤ Availability of features is dependent on the OS
Google has placed restrictions on all MDM/EMM vendors and removed the ability remotely unlock or wipe devices. Please see the table below for more information.