ERISOne Cluster users and lab-groups can request automated graphical summary reports Cluster usage. Summaries can be generated for an individual user, a lab-group or Adopt-a-Node compute resources. This can be useful for capacity planning and increasing job efficiency.
Connecting to the LSF monitoring web-console
Visit https://eris1rtm.partners.org. You will be prompted for your Partners user ID and password twice.
Creating a scheduled report
- Once in the application, click on the "Nectar" tab
- Add a new report
- clicking "Add", located under "Help" in the top right-hand corner. This can be hard to see in some web-browsers due to black-on-blue font
- When the Report Details page comes up, update the following fields and press "Create"
- Report Name
- Next Timestamp for Sending Mail Report
- Report Interval / Frequency
- Email Sender/Receiver details
- Select a Graphs to include in the report
- Click on the Items tab that now appears at the top of the page
- Click "Add", in the top-right corner
- Type: Graph
- Host Template: Grid Summary
- Host: cmucluster_Summary (localhost)
- Graph Template:
- For individual user summaries, select: GRID - Users - Jobs Stats
- For lab-group usage summaries, select one of:
- GRID - User Group - Efficiency
- GRID - User Group - Job Stats
- GRID - User Group - Memory Stats
- GRID - User Group - Total CPU
- For Adopt-a-Node resource summaries, select one of the entries beginning "GRID - Host Group - "
- For queue based summaries select: "GRID - Queue - " etc...
- Graph Name: Select the item corresponding to the user/group/host group or queue of interest
- Graph Timespan: Day/Week/Month as required
- Press "Save"
- Repeat until all relevant graphs are included in the report
- Preview the report
- Click on the "Preview" tab
- If the report does not appear as expected, review the previous tabs
- Enable the report
- Click on the "Nectar" tab
- Click the check-box next to this report, choose action "Enable" and press "Go"
- at this point the report will be sent by email as scheduled