This guide provides instructions for resetting an expired or forgotten Partners password. Passwords expire every 180 days. Email reminders are sent 15 days before expiration. Remember to always keep your password confidential.
Tipsheet: Changing a Forgotten or Expired Password
1. ACCESS PASSWORD SELF-SERVICE
There are two ways to access Password Self-Service:
- On the Partners Screensaver, click the Password Self-Service link.
- On the Internet, go to https://myprofile.partners.org.
On the Password Self-Service site:
- Click Expired or Forgotten Password?
- Enter your Partners User Name, and then click Reset my password.
2. VERIFY YOUR IDENTITY
You are required to use phone-based authentication to reset your Partners Password.
This feature works by sending a unique confirmation code by text message or phone call when logging in to Password Self-Service.
Once you confirm your identity by phone, you will be prompted to choose a new password.
Verify by Text Message or Phone Call
1. Select the verification method and click Send code
2. You will receive a text message containing a 6-digit confirmation code or phone call.
3. Enter the confirmation code, and then click Verify Code
3. ATTEST TO PASSWORD REQUIREMENTS
- Review the password requirements page, which details what cannot be used as part of your Partners password
- Select the checkbox that says I have reviewed the password requirements above.
- Press Next
4. CREATE YOUR NEW PASSWORD
Enter your password in the spaces provided. Passwords are case-sensitive and must meet the following criteria:
- 8 to 15 characters
- At least 1 alpha and 1 numeric character
- Cannot contain all capital letters
- Cannot be re-used within a 2-year timeframe
Do not forget your password, and always keep it confidential!
After successfully resetting your password, you will receive confirmation via email. Immediately log out of Password Self-Service, and then log in with your Partners user name and new password.