May 17, 2022
Click here for the PDF version of the information below.
This document describes: (1) How to open Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) (2) Connecting to the Azure Enclave (3) Create a Remote Desktop Connection shortcut and (4) Accessing Shared Workspace (F Drive).
Table of Contents
- Access to your Project Workspace in the Azure Enclave has been provisioned.
- You received a unique Azure Enclave Project Workspace IP Address to connect to your Project Workspace using Remote Desktop Connection (RDC).
- You must access your Azure Enclave project workspace either on an approved computer within the Mass General Brigham (MGB) network or via MGB VPN.
How to open Remote Desktop Connection (RDC)
1. On your windows pc, search to find and open the Remote Desktop Connection client.
Connecting to the Azure Enclave
1. When the RDC application opens, you will be prompted to connect to the project workspace. The following entry should be used:
- For Computer, type the full unique Project Workspace IP Address provided to you once your ServiceNow project workspace access request was provisioned.
Then click on the Connect button.
2. RDC subsequently asks for your user credentials to use to sign in to your project workspace.
a. If the user account selected by default is your MGB user id prefaced by PARTNERS\, enter your password and press OK.
b. If your MGB user id is not prefaced by PARTNERS\, sign in using another account by clicking More Choices, clicking Use Another Account, and selecting your PARTNERS domain account. Enter your credentials and press OK.
3. After you press OK, RDS will connect to your project workspace in the Azure Enclave. You may see a warning about connecting – it is safe to click YES and continue.
4. After connecting*, you should see your Azure Enclave project workspace open in a separate window.
*If this is the first time connecting to your workspace, please allow for some initial extra workspace configuration time to finalize setup.
Create a Remote Desktop Connection shortcut
1. After successfully connecting using the RDC application, click the Show Options button.
2. Click the Save As button.
3. Choose a location where you want to save the shortcut.
4. Enter a name and click the Save button.
Accessing Shared Workspace (F Drive)
1. Within your Project Workspace, open file explorer and select This PC icon. The Data (F): drive is the shared project workspace location. Currently all project workspace members are granted full permissions to this drive.
If further assistance is needed, please email the Azure Enclave Team at MGBAzureEnclaveSupport@partners.org. Please always include your unique Project Workspace IP Address on all communications.