Posted on July 12, 2018
Updated on June 26, 2020
- macOS 10.13, 10.14, 10.15 If your Mac is running an OS older than 10.13 you are out of support, at risk and out of compliance with Partners policy. Please contact the Service Desk for assistance with an upgrade.
- PEAS Enrollment. Verify you are enrolled in PEAS if you have Self Service installed in your Applications folder. Review KB0018617 to enroll in PEAS.
- Access provisioned to Cisco Jabber service. Contact the Service Desk if you need to be provisioned to use Cisco Jabber.
- Access to VPN if off network. Jabber requires you are on the Partners network. If you need VPN access please refer to KB0018524.
- Launch Self Service from your Applications Folder.
- Login with your Partners credentials.
- Click Install under the Cisco Jabber client to install, or to upgrade if you have a prior version. Note the information i icon next to install will tell you the current version hosted in Self Service.
- Self Service will display Gathering Information, Cleaning Up and then complete the installation.
- Launch Cisco Jabber from your Applications folder.
- Enter your Partners User ID @ partners.org, for example: email@example.com and click Continue.
- You will get a popup to Verify a Self Signed Certificate, click Continue.
- Expand the Trust dropdown so you can change the setting from Use System Defaults to Always Trust, then click Continue. Then enter your Mac's local password to authenticate the change and click Update Settings.
- You will be prompted several times to update Self Signed certs for the other Jabber servers, repeat the above step as needed.
- Enter your Partners password to login.
- Congratulations, you have setup and configured Cisco Jabber!