Posted on January 15, 2018
Updated on September 7, 2018
The Research Computing Core is now offering EndNote X9 for purchase. EndNote X8 is no longer available from the Core.
DFCI - Please refer to HOWTO: Install EndNote for DFCI Users
- Enterprise Research Infrastructure & Services (ERIS) has negotiated a discounted price for employees to purchase EndNote 9.
- EndNote is the industry standard software tool for publishing and managing bibliographies, citations and references.
- The purchase is for a single EndNote X9 license, licensed per person.
- The cost is a one-time fee for EndNote X9 software, any future versions or upgrades will have to be purchased. ERIS will work with the vendor to provide discounted pricing.
- Software pricing is available on the ERIS Website (Log in required)
- Each purchaser/End User may install one copy of the Software on up to three computers for End User's personal use and make one copy of the Software solely for backup or archival purposes. It is expressly understood that the Software program will only be in use by purchaser/End User on one computer at any given time.
- You must have an active Partners Username.
- Connected to the Partners Network or on VPN.
- After the purchase, you must register your EndNote X9 software at http://endnote.com/support/register.
How to Order EndNote X9:
- Via a Web Browser go to the internal website https://rcservices.partners.org.
- Click on Software.
- Locate EndNote X9 and then click on the Order button.
- Log in with your Partners username and password.
- Enter a valid fund number if this the first time you are using RCServices.partners.org.
- Next review the EndNote user agreement and select the YES radio button.
- Then enter a Financial contact for your Lab or Department.
- Next select the Fund number you wish to use to pay for the software.
- Then click the Create Subscription button to complete the order.
- You will receive an email from email@example.com with the EndNote X9 license key and serial number with instructions where to download the software.
How to Install the Software:
- Download the EndNote X9 software via the links in the email you received.
- Double click on the ENX9Inst.exe for Windows or the EndNoteX9Installer.dmg for MacOS.
- Follow the instructions to install the software.
- Enter the Product Key during the installation that you received via email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register the software with EndNote.
How to Get Support and Training:
- Partners does not provide support for EndNote, users must contact the vendor.
- You need to register the software with EndNote at http://endnote.com/support/register.
- With the purchase of the software you have support from EndNote.
- There are two options
- Open a ticket online
- Call 1-800-336-4474, press 4
- You will need to provide your Product Key or Serial number to get support.
EndNote Support is available Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. Eastern (GMT -5)
- EndNote vendor Clarivate provides free online training and online office hours for open question-and-answer drop-in, for more info please go to: https://clarivate.libcal.com/calendar
How to Register the Software:
- Go to http://endnote.com/support/register and complete the form.
How to Sign up for EndNote Online to Sync your Desktop: