Posted on December 6, 2017
Updated on December 12, 2019
- macOS 10.13, 10.14, 10.15. If your Mac is running an OS older than 10.13 you are out of support, at risk and out of compliance with Partners policy. Please contact the Service Desk for assistance with an upgrade.
- VPN Access. If you need VPN Access, review KB0018524 to request VPN Access.
- PEAS Enrollment. Verify you are enrolled in PEAS if you have Self Service installed in your Applications folder. Review KB0034657 to enroll in PEAS.
- SecureConnector. SecureConnector is required for VPN. See KB0030738 for steps to ensure your Mac is in compliance.
- A device registered for phone verification in MyProfile. Contact the Service Desk if you need assistance with MyProfile.
- Ensure you are not connected to PHSWIFI3 to connect to VPN.
HOW TO: Configure and Connect to VPN on a Mac
- Launch Self Service from your Applications Folder.
- Login with your Partners credentials.
- Click Install under the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client to install, or to upgrade if you have a prior version. Note the information i icon next to install will tell you the current version hosted in Self Service.
- Click install and then reboot your Mac to complete the installation or upgrade of Cisco AnyConnect.
- Upon reboot, log into your Mac and launch Cisco AnyConnect from the Cisco folder within your Applications folder.
- In the connection box enter: pvc.partners.org/saml and click Connect.
- Authenticate with your Partners credentials and click Sign In for browser based Identity Management via Okta.
- Click Send Code to receive a SMS Authentication Code.
- Enter your code and click Verify.
- Safari will pop up a window that says you have successfully authenticated, you may close this window to continue.
- Congratulations! You have successfully setup and configured (and connected to) VPN!