What is MobileIron?
MobileIron is software used by Partners HealthCare to provide easy access to corporate resources from mobile devices with the ability to manage those corporate applications and their data more securely. It provides many added productivity enhancements such as access to home drives, intranet sites, etc without the need for a second factor of authentication.
- Provides secured access to corporate resources such as Email, Intranet websites, and Home Drive
- Ensure mobile device compliance with various Partners policies
- Provides the ability to perform a "Enterprise Wipe" that removes only MobileIron managed applications and Partners email
- Enables Partners App Catalog to distribute Enterprise apps such as Citrix Receiver, Epic Haiku, Mojo, Dropbox Enterprise, etc
Why Do I Need It?
- Starting on October 31, 2017, all mobile devices accessing Partners email must be enrolled into MobileIron
- Enterprise Apps such as Haiku, Dropbox Enterprise, Imprivata Cortext, and Mojo will only be made available through MobileIron
- With MobileIron and iOS, you will be able to access your Home Drive and internal websites from your iPhone/iPad without using a separate VPN. VPN access will be provided through MobileIron Tunnel
- Epic Haiku Users will be required to enroll their devices in MobileIron in order to remain compliant with Partners policies
How do I know if I'm already enrolled in MobileIron?
MobileIron users have the MobileIron Go app installed on their device.
What is the Partners App Catalog?
The Partners App Catalog is an app that is automatically enabled with MobileIron. It provides access to Partners Applications such as Canto, Haiku, Dropbox Enterprise and Imprivita Cortext. You must have existing permissions to use these applications to be able to access them via the app. Additional applications will be added over time. Please check back frequently to see what new applications may be available in the Partners App Catalog
What Partners Can See and What Partners Can't See
Partners HealthCare takes its responsibility to protect your privacy very seriously. You may be understandably concerned about the level of access and control that the company gains over your device when you enroll with MobileIron. We developed this document to address those concerns and provide information on the steps we take to ensure your privacy is protected:
MobileIron Installation Instructions
If you have an active partners.org mailbox, please follow these instructions:
If you are an affiliate provider without an active partners.org email address please email EHRteam@partners.org for assistance.
HOWTO: Enroll into MobileIron for iOS
HOWTO: Enroll into MobileIron for Android
HOWTO: Unenroll from MobileIron for iOS
INFO: MobileIron: What Mobile Devices are Supported?
INFO: MobileIron: What Partners Can and Can Not See on your Mobile Device
INFO: MobileIron: What Is MobileIron Tunnel and Why do I Want It?
INFO: Self Service Portal for MobileIron (KB0034390)
INFO: MobileIron Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for iOS (KB0033978)