Always register your international work travel with TravelSafe. Outlined here are some options for accessing Partners resources while traveling abroad.
Accessing internal resources directly, without 2-factor authentication
(2-factor authentication means a second method of authorization via SMS Text or phone call)
- Use a mobile device (iOS or Android smartphone or tablet) with cellular data or WiFi
Receive email and access all internal sites without VPN connection on your mobile device by first enrolling in MobileIron and activating MobileIron Tunnel. To read more, visit https://rc.partners.org/search?keys=mobileiron
- Use a laptop with WiFi through Workspace
Partners Applications (Insight, Email (Outlook Web App), Epic, SharePoint, PeopleSoft, Pulse, Vision, etc) are available to users via Mac, Windows or Mobile device via the Partners Workspace available at https://workspace.partners.org from either in-hospital, or remotely (Partners Username and Password required). Citrix Receiver software must be installed on your computer or mobile device, the software available at: http://receiver.citrix.com. To see a full list of applications, visit INFO: Applications Available through Workspace
Accessing internal resources with 2-factor authentication
- Option 1: If you need access to web resources such as Web Email (OWA), PeopleSoft or Pulse, you can register an international phone or enable international text and roaming for US phones to receive a unique access code. Not sure if you registered your phone? Go to https://myprofile.partners.org
- Option 2: If you need to access additional resources from your laptop, like your full Email Client, servers, you will need to establish a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection. Follow the steps in Option 1 to register
- Option 3: If you are unable to register and/or enable a phone for international text and roaming, request an RSA SecurID software token app (downloads to either your laptop or mobile phone) in order to use VPN to work remotely. As part of 2-factor authentication, this enables the user to obtain a unique code on either their cell phone or laptop using the RSA SecurID code generator app.
Please note there is much more information available on the TravelSafe site.
TravelSafe is s a travel information and assistance program that was created to help Partners travelers with a single point of contact in an emergency and to provide important travel information while traveling domestically or internationally on business related travel.