January 9, 2024
The Digital Research Computing Core offers EndNote 21 for purchase. Please be sure to check the Endnote site for compatiblity when upgrading your macOS.
This article applies to all MGB affiliated institutions except for DFCI. DFCI employees should refer to KB0034588 for more details.
- The Digital Research Computing Core has negotiated a discounted price for employees to purchase EndNote 21.
- EndNote is the industry standard software tool for publishing and managing bibliographies, citations and references.
- The purchase is for a single EndNote 21 license; licensed per person.
- The cost is a one-time fee for EndNote 21 software, any future versions or upgrades will have to be purchased. ERIS will work with the vendor to provide discounted pricing when future versions are available.
- Software pricing is available on the ERIS Website (Log in required)
- Each purchaser or end user, may install one copy of the Software on up to three computers for End User's personal use and make one copy of the Software solely for backup or archival purposes.
- It is expressly understood that the Software program will only be in use by purchaser/End User on one computer at any given time.
- Mass General Brigham does not provide support for EndNote; users must contact the vendor.
- You must have an active Mass General Brigham username.
- Connected to the Mass General Brigham computer network or on VPN.
- After the purchase, you must register your EndNote 21 software at http://endnote.com/support/register.
Compatibility and System Requirements
Reference the Software Compatibility information on EndNote's website, or click on the links below to go directly to the
|Operating System (OS)
11 and newer
Prior to upgrading your macOS, review the EndNote: macOS Compatibility article.
How to Order EndNote 21
- In a Web Browser, go to the internal website: https://rcservices.partners.org
- Click on Software
- Locate 'EndNote 21' and then click on the Order button
- Log in with your Mass General Brigham username and password
- Review the EndNote user agreement
- Select the YES radio button
- Select the Fund number you wish to use to pay for the software (or add a new fund).
- Click the Create Subscription button to complete the order.
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the EndNote X9 license key and serial number with instructions where to download the software.
- Download the EndNote 21 software from the vendor website
- Follow the instructions to install the software.
- Enter the Product Key during the installation that you received via email from email@example.com.
- Register the software with EndNote.
How to Find My Product Key From My Order
If you previously ordered software from the Research Computing Core:
- Go to rcservices.partners.org
- Login with your Mass General Brigham username and password
- Click on My Subscriptions
- Scroll to "Endnote software"
- Click edit to view your license's product key.
Get Support and Training
- Mass General Brigham does not provide support for EndNote, users must contact the vendor.
- You need to register the software with EndNote at: http://endnote.com/support/register
- With the purchase of the software you have support from EndNote. There are two options:
- Open a ticket online
- Call 1-800-336-4474, press 4
- Note: You will need to provide your Product Key or Serial number to get support.
- EndNote Support Hours: Available Monday – Friday from 9 AM – 8 PM Eastern (GMT -5)
EndNote vendor, Clarivate, provides free online training and online office hours for open question-and-answer drop-in, for more info please go to: https://clarivate.libcal.com/calendar.
Register the Software
Go to http://endnote.com/support/register and complete the form.
Sign up for EndNote Online to Sync your Desktop