October 19, 2022
Jabber Voice (Jabber) is a soft-phone client that allows you to make calls through your computer on your Mass General Brigham phone line. It is meant for mobile users so they can work connected when a Mass General Brigham physical phone is not present. Jabber uses your existing office phone number.
***911 Disclaimer*** If you make a 911 or other emergency call, you must explicitly state your location. Mass General Brigham, MGH and BWH Security, and local emergency services are unable to determine your location automatically or remotely via Caller ID or other methods.
Request Access to Cisco Jabber
If you are working on a Jabber request on behalf of your department or team, please organize the data for multiple orders into a spreadsheet to order in bulk.
Request access to Cisco Jabber by filling out and submitting the Telecommunications Requests form. Ticket must include the following details:
- What device type will you be using with Jabber? (e.g. Mass General Brigham build computer, iPhone, Android, Tablet, Mac, Non-Mass General Brigham Windows computer)
- What is your desk phone number? If you do not have a desk number assigned to you, include your cost center.
- What is your location (Site, Building name, floor number, and room number)?
Cisco Jabber Setup and Installation
- Apple iOS (iPhone or iPad)
- Windows Computer:
- Mass General Brigham Standard Computer
- Non-Standard Computer: To install Jabber on a non-Mass General Brigham Windows computer, please contact the Service Desk to open a ticket with Telecommunications for installation information.
- Windows Computer:
Problems with Cisco Jabber
The current version of Cisco Jabber is not compatible with Windows 11.
- Login Issue
- Confirm your Jabber logon format is entered correctly.
- Jabber Reset
- Resetting your Cisco Jabber application can be a helpful step to perform when troubleshooting Jabber issues.
- Other reasons for using this feature would be to change your account and clear your log files, call or chat history.
- Upgrade Jabber