October 11, 2021
Zoom is a cloud-based platform for video conferencing, mobile collaboration, and online meetings.
Zoom’s web-based conferencing uses video and audio and allows collaboration between MacOS, Windows, iOS and Android mobile devices. Additionally, Zoom can be used with conventional phone lines to join meetings.
➤ Key Features
● Video, audio and screen sharing
● Phone line support. International numbers available
● Traditional videoconferencing systems (Cisco & Polycom) systems support
● Large meeting/webinar support for up to 500 concurrent participants
● Chat, whiteboard, polling functionality available
● Same features and functionality available on both laptops/desktops (Windows and Mac) and mobile device apps (iOS and Android)
● 1 Zoom Account - $100/annual
Request for a New Zoom Account/Upgrade
Zoom Accounts for DFCI employees are provided by DFCI Telecom.
For instructions on how to request an account, please see: https://dfcionline.org/departments/telecommunications/services/conferencing/zoom/
➤ All Others: To obtain a Zoom account, please submit a Zoom Requests request.
The form is available on the IS Service Hub under Make a Request > Collaboration and Productivity > Zoom Requests