January 7, 2023
ERIS maintains a pool of licenses for Matlab, toolboxes and the Distributed Computing Server. This software may be used at no cost on the Scientific Computing (SciC) Linux Clusters, and we also offer a paid subscription service allowing use of our Matlab license and select toolboxes on your own computers connected to the Mass General Brigham computer network.
Using MATLAB on the SciC Linux Clusters
Several versions of Matlab are installed on ERIS HPC infrastructure. Contact SciC Linux Clusters Support for the latest information.
Use MATLAB on a powerful Microsoft Windows server
Matlab is installed on all the Windows Analysis Servers. Register for an account at https://rc.partners.org/eris_cluster and indicate your preference for Windows to obtain an account.
Use MATLAB graphically in a Linux Virtual Desktop, attached to the Linux HPC cluster
- Obtain access to the SciC Linux Clusters Remote Desktop
- Once connected to the Linux Gnome environment, open a Terminal window (From Applications → System Tools → Terminal menu)
- Take a look at the different Matlab modules available
module avail > grep matlab
- In the terminal, the Matlab graphical user interface can be launched. You may choose any of the available versions. For example, to load MATLAB/2020b:
module load MATLAB/2020b
Use the MATLAB parallel processing toolbox on either Windows or Linux
- See the FAQ Instruction for MATLAB Parallel toolbox configuration and contact SciC Linux Clusters Support for further details.
Submit batch MATLAB jobs to the ERISOne Linux Cluster (Not available on ERISTwo)
- If you have a Matlab script that would like to submit to the cluster you can prepare an LSF script to send to the cluster. There are some examples on LSF scripts on your home folder: ~/lsf
- Include your version selection loading the appropriate module on your LSF script.
- Submit jobs to the "matlab" queue.
- You can check how many resources have been allocated the Matlab queue on the terminal.
- You can also check how many jobs are scheduled in the queue with:
bjobs -q matlab -u all
Paid subscription service for Laptops and Workstations
- Paid subscription is required to access our Matlab license outside of ERIS HPC servers.
- Charged annually and includes 4 common toolboxes
- Visit http://rc.partners.org/core_SoftwareLicenses for details