- How to activate Office and setup Outlook for Mac 2016
- If you have not already done so please call the Partners Service Desk at 617-726-5085 to request a license.
- You will not be able to activate and use Office until you have been licensed
- Processor: Intel only
- Operating system: Mac OS X v10.14 or later
- Memory: 4 GB of RAM or more
- Hard disk Space: 2.5 GB
- Monitor: 1280 x 800 pixel or higher resolution
Office 365 Account Information
An Office 365 account is used to activate Office 2016. It may also be called your Organizational Account.
Your Office 365 user name is the same as your Primary Partners Email Address.
Your password is your Partners password.
What is my primary Partners email address?
If you are not sure of your primary Partners email address, follow these steps:
Click Login, and then enter your Partners User Name and Partners Password.
Your primary Partners email address appears on the right side of the page below your user name.
- After installing Office 2016, go to your Application folder and double click on Outlook icon
- You will be prompted with a couple welcome screens. Click the next arrow.
- Click the Get Started button
- Click the Sign in button.
- Enter your Primary Partners Email Address and then click Next.
- Click on Work Account
- Next enter your Partners Username (example: ABC0) then click the log in button
- You might be prompted to answer your security questions.
- Next enter your Partners Password and click the Log in button.
- Click the Continue
- Click Start Using Outlook
- Click Add Account to setup a new account or click Import if you have have Outlook 2011 installed.
- If you add an account you will be prompted with the window below, select Exchange or Office 365
- Enter your Primary Partners email address (@partners.org or @xxx.harvard.edu) in to E-Mail address and User Name field and your Partners password. Also check the box Configure Automatically.
- Click Add Account button.
- You are now ready to start using Outlook.
If escalation is necessary, please contact the Service Desk to assign a ticket to the appropriate research technicians group.