Posted on August 1, 2014
Updated on March 25, 2019
- Instructions to restore file(s) via a Web Browser or the Crashplan Desktop Backup program.
- If your computer has been rebuilt and you wish to restore your data, you will need to reinstall the Crashplan client and then you can download all your data.
- Platform: Mac OSX, Windows, Linux
- Software: Crashplan Desktop Backup
- Version: 4.5.X
Restore via Web Browser
You can view/access/restore the files that have been backed by using a web browser (250 MB limit per web restore)
- Visit https://backup01.partners.org:4285/login and login using your Partners Username and Partners Password or the customer username and password you received. (you must be connected to the Partners Network to access this server)
- Video instructions
Restore via the Crashplan Client:
- First you will need to open/launch the Crashplan application
- Login with your Partners Username and Partners password or the customer username and password you received. (you must be connected to the Partners Network to access this server)
- Choose the Restore tab.
- Choose the source computer from which the file was backed up.
- All the computers you are backing up will be listed.
- From the Backup destination list, choose the server from which you want to restore.
- In the Find files to restore… box enter the file name to restore. If you aren’t sure of the exact file name, enter the first few characters of the file name.
- Click an empty box to restore that folder/file.
- If there are multiple versions of the file you want to restore, click the Most Recent link.
- Choose the date and time of the file you want restored.
- Click Ok.
- (optional) Click the Desktop link if you want to change the location where the restored file should go. Clicking the link cycles through your restore location options. You can send restored files to your desktop, to their original location on your computer or to another folder that you choose - in which case, click the default restore location (e.g., Desktop) to select a new location.
- (optional) Click the Replace link, if you don’t want the restored files to overwrite the existing file. When you click the link the setting changes to Rename.
- Click Restore.