REDCap Report FY19
Since REDCap’s first pilot project at Partners HealthCare in 2009, the program has now over 16,000 projects and steadily growing.
- In the first FY2010 of REDCap support
- 704 new projects created
- 219 projects moved to production
- In FY2019
- 2590 new projects created
- 1325 projects moved to production
PROD = Production; Active projects collecting data (not in development).
PROJECTS BY INSTITUTION
REDCap is not just for Research, although it is the best fit and highest use case. It can be used for Quality Improvement projects, Operations Support, and any Partners HealthCare business or research related need.
PROJECT TYPE BY INSTITUTION
Distribution of REDCap usage per institution with respect to project type. These normalized percentages show the top contributors to research, operational, quality, and other type of REDCap projects. The top two contributors are MGH and BWH, and the third place is McLean for research projects, and PHS for Quiality, Operational, and other type of REDCap projects.
NUMBER OF IRB PROTOCOLS
Of those projects using REDCap for human research studies, there are a total of 3317 Partners IRB protocols. Some protocols do require multiple REDCap projects for data collection.
REDCap’s user base is also growing steadily. Total Number of REDCap User Accounts: 23,000+
REDCap End User Support consists of:
- 1 FTE: funded by the Harvard Catalyst | The Harvard Clinical and Translational Science Center
- ¼ FTE: funded by Partners HealthCare Enterprise Research Infrastructure and Services (ERIS)
Within the last few years, we’ve had a steady increase in REDCap requests. As REDCap increases in functionality, so does the complexity of the requests we receive. Response times on average are faster than our standard SLA of 1-2 business days, but as volume continues to increase, response times have also been increasing.
- *1 - New ERIS EDC Support Ticket System implemented
- *2 - New Hire joined EDC Support as the primary support person
- *3 - New Hire joined EDC Support as the secondary support person