Visit the Partners careers page to apply online. Job ID is 3091522
General Summary/Overview Statement
Partners Healthcare Systems’ (PHS) Enterprise Research Infrastructure and Services (ERIS https://rc.partners.org) is immediately seeking an experienced Senior Program Manager to drive several program and project pipelines through an agile framework that will support the Enterprise Data & Digital Health (EDDH) initiative over the next 3+ years. This person will lead several multi-disciplinary project teams that will architect, design, and develop the overall big data production and development infrastructure platform including storage, compute, networking, virtual and configuration (OpenStack, TeraForm, Puppet & Cloud technologies).
The Sr. Program Manager will help build the team required to successfully deliver our new ecosystem that will support the data needs for our four principle missions of 1) patient care, 2) Research & Discovery, 3) Teaching and 4) Community. The role requires technical, interpersonal and problem-solving abilities. Specifically, the role has overall responsibility for the roadmap of each of the programs and projects included in this EDDH platform development effort (Hadoop data platform & associated tech for ingest, cataloguing and indexing, Landmark 4 Datalake consisting of biomedical device data/waveform data and Self Service Analytics tools infrastructure for use by Data Scientists and analysist inside and outside the organization). This role requires the ability to think strategically as to align program and project deliverables with the business needs while driving program and project deliverables through agile methodologies.
We are seeking someone with eagerness to learn and apply technology, leadership, and breadth in an agile, fast paced, software development environment. Ideal candidates must be able to demonstrate an interest in the fields of health sciences, healthcare interoperability, enterprise infrastructure, medical devices and in working customers who are world-renowned leaders in their scientific field and the academic environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the epics, sprints, resources and project pipeline that will drive the team of software engineers, infrastructure engineers and consultants in the development and implementation of the research repository for time series data collected from bedside medical devices at Partners sites.
- Work closely with Partners hospital and research community to gather functional and business requirements.
- Lead and facilitate meetings with project stakeholders from all levels (scrum sessions, project team meetings, project status meetings, and stakeholder meetings as required).
- Manage the entire Project Management Life Cycle for assigned projects and programs.
- Develop and present strategic project plans and status reports to all parties involved to key stakeholders including Executive level leadership.
- Contribute and share best practices on project management, program management, and SDLC principles and standards.
- Champion agile development methodology and frameworks (establishing agile project management processes to ensure efficiency in the work).
- Uses the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
- Plan, develop and deliver other assigned healthcare informatics projects that may vary in scale and type.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or other technical advanced degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ experience working as a Project Manager delivering software development/infrastructure projects.
- 3-5 years’ experience setting up Project Management Best Practices & Guidelines.
- 3-5 years managing Agile/SCRUM projects and SCRUM teams.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in a healthcare or life science setting.
- Familiarity with healthcare interoperability standards (HL7, FHIR, Smart) and healthcare security rules (HIPAA).
- PMP certification required, PgMP strongly preferred.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence required.
- Advanced Microsoft Project, Project Server and Project Web Access skills.
- Data Warehouse and/or data ETL experience is strongly preferred.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of large, multi-year programs which may include third party cooperative initiatives and joint ventures or internal cross-functional groups.
- Plans and implements program schedule from inception through on-time delivery within budget constraints.
- Proactively works with the team to identify and mitigate risks and resolve impediments to the programs’ progress.
- Continuously seeks opportunities to improve costs, performance, and schedule.
- Facilitates communication and coordinates dialog across cross-functional groups and, as applicable, third parties.
- Manages stakeholder engagement and satisfaction throughout the duration of the program or project
- Initiates meetings with key stakeholders to discuss project, resolve open issues, provide progress updates, and facilitate program retrospectives as appropriate.
- Develops and communicates program and project plans, presentations, and documentation that clearly articulate complex concepts, requirements, and risks.
- Strong knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology and development processes and demonstrated experience leading Agile/Scrum projects.
- Experience managing projects and programs in a cross-functional team setting.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make technical decisions, recommendations, and conclusions based upon data.
- Strong Technical background and familiar with big data Hadoop ecosystem.
- Experience working with project tracking collaboration software (JIRA, Confluence)
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with cross functional teams, including staff at all levels of the organization including both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Experience designing, developing, and implementing scripts to perform various ETL, cleaning and scrubbing tasks is required.
- Regular Office environment
- Travel to various PHS hospitals locations throughout the Boston Metro area
- Expected to work during core business hours, however this position may often require working beyond that to meet project deliverables.
- Resource responsibility of direct and functional reports and additional contract resources as needed.
EEO Statement Partners HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
Primary Location: MA-Somerville-Assembly Row - PHS
Work Locations: Assembly Row - PHS 399 Revolution Drive Somerville 02145
Job: IT/Health IT/Informatics - Management
Organization: Partners HealthCare(PHS)
Standard Hours: 40
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Recruiting Department: PHS Information Systems
Job Posting: April 12, 2019
Visit the Partners careers page to apply online. Job ID is 3091522