Posted on September 5, 2017
Comments/Questions? Go to the article in the IS Service Desk
- Instructions how to install and setup the Evolution email client on Linux workstation to work with Office 365/Exchange Online
- Evolution 3.22 or newer and the evolution-ews plugin version 3.22 or newer.
- Your email account must be located on Exchange Online/Office 365
- Only EWS is supported, IMAP will NOT work with Office 365
- Important: Use of Evolution is not supported and therefore the Partners Service Desk will not be able to provide any type of troubleshooting. Use these instructions as a general overview for connecting your Partners Office 365 account.
- If you have not already done so, install the evolution and evolution-ews package using your favorite package manager. This document assumes evolution-ews version 3.6 or later.
- Example for Ubuntu
- Open a terminal
- sudo apt-get remove evolution
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install evolution
- sudo apt-get install evolution-ews
- Launch Evolution
- If this is a new installation you will be prompted to enter your email information, otherwise to add a new account by going to Edit | Preferences and choose Add from the Mail Accounts menu.
- Click Next
- Enter your name as you'd like it to appear and your primary email address "firstname.lastname@example.org" or "email@example.com" or firstname.lastname@example.org" for Email Address, then click Next
- Click the Skip button
- On the resulting window, enter the following information for each field:
- Click Fetch URL
- You will be prompted for your password. Enter your Partners password.
- Host URL and OAB URL should be successfully discovered. Click Next
- Click Next to accept Receiving Options
- Enter any name for the account name, and click Next
- Click Apply
- If prompted, enter your Partners password once more and click OK
- Setup is complete. Email and calendar data will take some time to sync.