This update fixes a security flaw in the bash UNIX shell. Read more about Bash "Shellshock" Bug: http://rc.partners.org/news_Bash.
First make sure your Macintosh Computer is fully up-to-date before installing this patch.
- Go to the Apple Menu located in the upper left corner and select Software Update
- Follow the instructions to update your Mac
NOTE: If the Bash Icon does not show up in Self Service your computer has already been patched.
- Launch Self Service from the Applications folder ( Go menu > Applications)
- Click the icon labeled Bash Vulnerability Patch
Click Install to confirm
Download and install the correct patch for your computer based on which OS X you are running.
If you don't know which version, go to the Apple Menu located in the upper left corner and select About this Mac
A window will open showing which version is installed.
- Mac OS X 10.9.5 (Mavericks)
- Mac OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion)
- Mac OS X 10.7.5 (Lion)
Confirm you are enrolled in PEAS by opening your Applications folder and browsing for the Self Service application. If you have Self Service, you're enrolled! If you are not enrolled in PEAS, visit our Self-Enroll page for instructions: http://rc.partners.org/peas/enroll.