Posted on August 1, 2014
Updated on January 21, 2020
- Installation of Java on Mac OSX
- Java is required for a number of Web-based applications, which includes Partners Token-less VPN, Partners Secure File Transfer, Webex, GoToMeeting, GoToMyPC
- Platform: Mac OSX
- OS Version: 10.13, 10.14, 10.15
- Software: Java version 7 and 8
- Administrator privileges
- A 64-bit browser (examples; Safari, Firefox, Chrome (version 42 and above )
- Download the latest version of Java.
Review and agree to the terms of the license agreement before downloading the file.
- Double-click the .dmg file to launch it
- Double-click on the package iconto launch install Wizard
- The Install Wizard displays the Welcome to Java 7 installation screen. Click Continue
- On Standard Install on Macintosh HD, Click the Installbutton
- After the installation has completed, a confirmation screen appears. Click Close to finish the installation process.
- To test that Java is installed and working properly on your computer, run this test applet and you should see a similar screen.