November 16, 2022
You must update your SPSS software to version 28 and patch in order to address a critical vulnerability discovered in December 2021.
1. If you are running SPSS version 28 you must apply a patch in order to address a critical vulnerability.
2. If you are running SPSS version 24 you must uninstall and upgrade to version 28 and then apply a patch in order to address a critical vulnerability.
3. To determine the SPSS version you are running, launch SPSS and the version is listed on the launch splash screen
4. Read more about the Apache Log4j critical vulnerability that can lead to potential execution of arbitrary code.
5. Contact email@example.com for technical assistance.
* Please spread the word to any of your colleagues who are using SPSS.