Posted on June 4, 2018
Updated on May 6, 2019
- macOS 10.11, 10.12 or 10.13. If your Mac is running an OS older than 10.11 you are out of support, at risk and out of compliance with Partners policy. Please contact the Service Desk for assistance with an upgrade.
- VPN Access. If you need VPN Access, review KB0018524 to request VPN Access.
- PEAS Enrollment. Verify you are enrolled in PEAS if you have Self Service installed in your Applications folder. Review KB0018617 to enroll in PEAS.
- RSA SecurID application. Review KB0028016 to install the RSA SecurID software token application or contact the IS Service Desk to request access to RSA SecurID.
- A device registered for phone verification in MyProfile. Contact the Service Desk if you need assistance with MyProfile.
- Ensure you are not connected to PHSWIFI3 to connect to VPN.
HOW TO: Configure and Connect to VPN on a Mac
- Launch Self Service from your Applications Folder.
- Login with your Partners credentials.
- Click Install under the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client to install, or to upgrade if you have a prior version. Note the information i icon next to install will tell you the current version hosted in Self Service.
- Click install and then reboot your Mac to complete the installation or upgrade of Cisco AnyConnect.
- Upon reboot, log into your Mac and launch Cisco AnyConnect from the Cisco folder within your Applications folder.
- In the connection box enter: pvc.partners.org/token and click Connect.
- Launch SecurID from your Applications Folder. Contact the Service Desk if you need access to SecurID Software Token.
- Enter your Partners Username, Passcode (SecurID Tokencode) and Second Password (Partners password) and click OK to authenticate with your software token.
- Congratulations! You have successfully setup and configured (and connected to) VPN with a Software Token!