Trend Micro Security for Macs has been retired. To install a Partners provided AntiVirus, see KB0034180- INFO: CrowdStrike Falcon Sensor Guide for installation instructions
- Instructions for installing Trend Micro Security Software for which provides virus, malware, spyware protection.
- Mac OSX 10.12 OR LOWER
- Please remove any existing antivirus programs from the computer before installing Trend as it this will cause the installation to fail.
- Your Mac must be enrolled in PEAS to have access to this software and connected to the Partners Network to setup the client. To enroll please follow these instructions.
Items to Note:
- The Trend AV client works remotely but it will not be able to communicate with our internal Trend server.
- The Trend AV client will get virus definition updates when remote however the computer needs to be connected to the Partners network to get application updates.
Your Mac must be enrolled in PEAS to have access to this software and connected to the Partners Network to setup the client. To enroll please follow these instructions.
- Launch Self Service from the Applications folder ( Go menu > Applications)
- Click on Applications in Categories and the click on the icon labeled Install below TrendMicro Antivirus. If already installed, it will show Reinstall.
- If the installation worked correctly you will see this icon on the menu bar on the top of your screen.