October 18, 2021
Click here for the PDF version of the information below.
This document describes: (1) Download Microsoft Remote Desktop (RDC) from MAC Appstore (2) How to open RDC (3) Connecting to the Azure Enclave and (4) Accessing Shared Workspace (F Drive).
Table of Contents
- Access to your Project Workspace in the Azure Enclave has been provisioned.
- You received a unique Project Workspace IP Address to connect to your Project Workspace using Remote Desktop Connection (RDC)
Download Microsoft Remote Desktop (RDC) from MAC Appstore
1. On your MAC in the Appstore, search for and download Microsoft Remote Desktop.
How to open Remote Desktop Connection (RDC)
1. Once downloaded, click on the app icon to open.
Connecting to the Azure Enclave
1. When the RDC application opens, click on the Add PC button.
2. You are then prompted to connect to the project workspace. The following entry should be used:
- For PC name, type the full unique Project Workspace IP Address provided to you once your ServiceNow project workspace access request was provisioned.
Then click on the Add button.
2. Click on the icon to remote into your Project Workspace.
3. RDC subsequently asks for your user credentials. Enter your MGB user id prefaced by PARTNERS\, enter your password, and press OK.
4. Click Connect to bypass warning.
5. After connecting*, you should see your Azure Enclave project workspace open in a separate window.
*If this is the first time connecting to your workspace, please allow for some initial extra workspace configuration time to finalize setup.
Accessing Shared Workspace (F Drive)
1. Within your Project Workspace, open file explorer and select This PC icon. The Data (F): drive is the shared project workspace location. Currently all project workspace members are granted full permissions to this drive.
If further assistance is needed, please email the Azure Enclave Team at MGBAzureEnclaveSupport@partners.org. Please always include your unique Project Workspace IP Address on all communications.