March 31, 2022
Click here for the PDF version of the information below.
This document describes: (1) How to open SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) (2) Connecting to the SQL Server and (3) Creating & Accessing a Scratchpad Database Work Area.
Table of Contents
- Additional Resources
- Access to your Project Workspace in the Azure Enclave has been provisioned.
- You received a unique Project Workspace IP Address to connect to your Project Workspace using Remote Desktop Connection (RDC).
- You are working with data in a sql database and received a unique Project Workspace Data Server Name
- You've accessed your Project Workspace outlined in the articles HOWTO: Access the Azure Enclave using Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) on Windows OS or HOWTO: Access the Azure Enclave using Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) on Windows OS
How to open SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
1. After accessing your Azure Enclave Project Workspace, on the home screen, select the SQL Server Management Studio icon.
Connecting to the SQL Server
1. When the SSMS application opens, you will be prompted to connect to the SQL Server. The following entries should be used:
- For Server name, type the full unique Project Workspace IP Address provided to you once your ServiceNow project workspace access request was provisioned.
- Ensure Azure Active Directory - Password is selected from the Authentication dropdown.
- Type your full primary partners.org email address associated to your MGB user id and type your password into the User name and Password fields.
Then click on the Connect button.
Creating & Accessing a Scratchpad Database Work Area
Users cannot write to or alter objects within the database server except within the workarea schema. To create a scratchpad area within the database, create objects within the workarea schema*. All project workspace members are granted permissions to CREATE, ALTER, UPDATE, DELETE, and INSERT commands in the workarea schema.
*Note: The schema workarea object is not visible by default
2. Microsoft Doc - Microsoft Educational SQL Resources
If further assistance is needed, please email the Azure Enclave Team at MGBAzureEnclaveSupport@partners.org. Please always include your unique Project Workspace IP Address on all communications.