December 23, 2022
ERIS Scientific Computing has a limited number of Stata SE licenses available for use on our shared computational resources. There is no charge for use of these licenses. You may also use Stata SE on your lab workstations for an annual fee through the Research Core Stata subscription.
Using Stata on the Windows Analysis Servers
Choose this option if you typically work on a Microsoft Windows operating system or if the data you will work with is already stored on HPCWIN4
- You must first have a Windows Analysis Server account on HPCWIN4
- Follow the directions to connect to a remote desktop on HPCWIN4 using the server name hpcwin4.partners.org
- The only remote desktop server with Stata/SE 17.0 installed is hpcwin4.partners.org
- Click on the "start menu" and begin typing "Stata" for a list of the Stata installations
Using Stata in the ERISOne Computing Cluster environment (Linux)
Choose this option if you typically work on a Linux operating system or if the data you will work with is already stored on the ERISOne computing cluster
- You must first have an ERISOne account
- Follow the directions to connect to a remote desktop in ERISOne using the server name grx14.research.partners.org. This is the only remote desktop server with Stata installed.
- From a Terminal
$ module load stata/17.0 $ xstata
- This will open the GUI of Stata.