May 17, 2022
Click here for the PDF version of the information below.
This document describes: (1) How to import files into your Azure Enclave Project Workspace (2) How to export files from your Azure Enclave Project Workspace and (3) I need technical assistance with importing files. What should I do?
Table of Contents
- Access to your Project Workspace in the Azure Enclave has been provisioned.
- You received a unique Azure Enclave Project Workspace IP Address to connect to your Project Workspace using Remote Desktop Connection (RDC).
- You must access your Azure Enclave project workspace either on an approved computer within the Mass General Brigham (MGB) network or via MGB VPN.
How to import files into your Azure Enclave Project Workspace
All users with access to an Azure Enclave Project Workspace have the ability to import files into the workspace.
1. On your computer, map a network drive to the Project Workspace F: Drive Inbound folder using the unique Project Workspace IP Address provided to you when your access to the workspace was provisioned. This is a one-time setup.
Path Format: \\Project Workspace IP Address\Inbound
Example: \\<IP Address>\Inbound
Please reference one of the below HOW-TO ServiceNow FAQ’s depending on your computer’s operating system.
*For Win 10 computers, when asked to Enter Network Password ensure your Username is prefixed with partners\. Example: partners\aaa1
2. Once mapped, you may copy and paste or move files into this Inbound folder location.
NOTE: Copied or moved files WILL NOT BE VISIBLE in the Inbound folder. Ignore all permission errors by clicking OK or CANCEL.
3. The Azure Enclave Team is automatically notified when the workspace Inbound folder contains files. During normal business hours, the team will evaluate the files and manually place your Inbound files into the Project Workspace F: Drive Imported\ReminderToMove folder location.
Please allow up to 2 hours for manual file transfer completion during normal business hours. In the future, this file transfer will be automated.
4. To access imported files in your project workspace, login to your Azure Enclave Project Workspace. Your imported files will be located on the F:\Imported folder\ReminderToMove.
5. Please remember to copy your files from the F:\Imported\ReminderToMove folder to a shared location. Once copied, please remember to delete these files. All files will be deleted the last weekend of every month.
How to export files from your Azure Enclave Project Workspace
As of February 2022, the export ability is not available to researchers. Please contact Azure Enclave Team at MGBAzureEnclave@partners.org for assistance.
I need technical assistance with importing files. What should I do?
Please always include your unique Project Workspace IP Address on all communications.
MGB users, please contact Azure Enclave Team at MGBAzureEnclave@partners.org
For members of Industry Sponsored Research projects, please email your RISC Industry team contact for assistance.