Visit the Partners careers page to apply online. Job ID is 3081317
Reporting to the Brigham Health Information Security Officer and as a member of the Brigham Health IS team, this person will be responsible for support and quality customer service for a range of different projects, initiatives and applications. The Research Information Systems Analyst II participates in the analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and support of new and existing PHS and Research Information Systems.
The Research Information Systems Analyst II functions in a matrixed environment and interfaces with Brigham Health IS, Research Computing, Research Compliance, Research Administration, Privacy Offices, the IRB, and the Partners/BRIGHAM HEALTH research community. The Information Security Analyst will help to develop, manage and implement all aspects of the information systems program relating to research at Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BRIGHAM HEALTH).
The Research Information Systems Analyst II will work to understand the unique challenges of the research community, their needs, and advocate for sensible policies, procedures, and controls that will address the needs of both Partners corporate and the research community, while following Partners Information Security policies and best practices. The Associate Information Security Analyst assists researchers and research IT staff based on matters of research data, and acts as liaison with PHS information security staff as needed to help resolve issues. Responsibilities include documentation, training and working with both third party vendor and Partners I.S. developed applications that are either single or multi-site based. This position requires frequent travel at times to Brigham Health and PHS locations for projects, meetings, or resolving issues.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Works closely with hospital management and/or end-users to define business needs and develop Research IT solutions to meet both system and operational objectives.
- Plans, manages and oversees projects, utilizing recognized project management methodology including activities such as: definition of project scope and objectives, project charter development, project plan development, status reporting tools, feasibility and cost benefit studies, requirements definition, workflow/systems analysis, functional specifications, system testing/quality assurance, user training, implementation, post-implementation/on-going support, and documentation.
- Integration: work with vendors, developers, and/or other I.S. teams in assessment, development, and support of existing or new application interfaces.
- Provide project status reports to I.S. management, user groups and project steering committees as appropriate.
- Aid in Change management: Proposes workflow changes and facilitate implementation of changes for successful adoption of new technologies and processes.
- Manages communication with users and business owners during system downtime.
- Develops IT strategies and solutions that comply with Partners I.S. standards and strategic directions.
- Work with BH IS Leadership, Research Computing, and Research Administration to develop estimates for capital and operating funding requirements associated with a project or system. Manages project within allocated budget.
- Provide ongoing project-specific direction and guidance to project team members and users to facilitate timely and quality results.
- Provides great service to internal and external customers.
- Work with matrixed project teams across many functional areas.
- Enterprise Infrastructure Initiatives: Work on site and enterprise I.S. initiatives such as PC upgrades and server replacement.
- BH Third Party Applications: Work with vendors, business stakeholders, IS staff, end users and other required resources to facilitate development, upgrade and/or installation of vendor applications.
- Partners I.S. developed Applications: Work with development team, business stakeholders, IS staff, end users and other required resources to facilitate development, upgrade and/or installation of internally developed applications.
- Participate in team rotation for 24 x7 on call support.
- Work with Team Lead and other team members in providing support for existing or new applications.
- Troubleshoot issues and perform root cause analysis.
- Manage or assist with system maintenance, testing and upgrade activities.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives for BH Research, BH IS and Research Computing
- Performs other duties/projects as assigned.
- Maintains expertise in related information technologies and techniques.
- Five or more years of experience with computer systems or healthcare required.
- Bachelor Degree required.
- Knowledge of personal computers and PC applications, e.g., Microsoft Office Suite, Project, and PowerPoint required.
- Experience with the research mission at an academic medical center or equivalent organization preferred.
- Knowledge of information security regulations, including the HIPAA Security Rule, 201 CMR 17.00, NIST 800 control family and ISO 27001
- Knowledge and experience with research-related regulations, IRB-practices, and other aspects of the research enterprise.
- Knowledge of database and data management (MS-SQL).
- Basic knowledge of industry standard development language (Python, Swift, Java, Node, etc.).
- Knowledge of both LINUX and Windows computing systems
- Experience in provisioning and supporting cloud computing environments preferred
- Experience with mobile technology and devices (iPhone/iPad/Android), as well as EMM/MDM software.
- Experience in software and hardware project rollouts preferred.
- Ability to cooperatively and effectively work with people from all organizational levels and build consensus through teamwork, negotiation and diplomacy
- Knowledge of information systems technologies, products, services, and demonstrated eagerness to learn new technologies.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and project management skills with a professional demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, supporting a distributed workforce using connected technologies.
- Exhibiting a high level of initiative, the ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements and projects within a dynamic and evolving environment.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understands the technology capability as it relates to the business requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Willingness and ability to be “hands on” with issues and projects.
- Can independently conduct meetings, both formal and informal including project team meetings, major departmental meetings, and user meetings.
- Ability to self-manage, assuming full ownership of overall outcomes from start to finish.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to understand the work environment and competing priorities in conjunction with developing/meeting project goals.
- Self-motivated, independent and possesses the ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to work with vendors and other external parties, negotiating or pushing as necessary to meet project timelines/goals or Partners standards.
- Ability to be flexible, versatile and adaptable in a rapidly changing multi-site enterprise environment.
EEO Statement Brigham and Women’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
Primary Location: MA-Somerville-BWH - Assembly Row
Work Locations: BWH - Assembly Row 399 Revolution Drive Somerville 02145
Job: Information Security
Organization: Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
Standard Hours: 40
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Recruiting Department: BWH Research Administration
Job Posting: Feb 19, 2019
Visit the Partners careers page to apply online. Job ID is 3081317